Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Afraid of being left alone.

Re: Afraid of being left alone.

I also feel worried a lot when I'm home alone. The moment then makes me think about all the scenes from every horrors movies I watched :v

Quote Originally Posted by YouRemindMeOfTheBabe View Post
    I've got what I supposed you could call adult separation anxiety. Whenever my Dad goes away on holiday I get terrible anxiety and I want him back straight away. I'm a state till he returns. I miss him dreadfully. I don't rest properly till he's back. I fear he won't come back. I'm terrified of losing him as he's my main grounding person. Does anyone else go through this, how do you cope??
    I am sort of the same. My dad is a world traveler. He mostly travels in South and Central America, but he's also been to Europe and the Far East.
    He is 62 years old, and a Type 2 diabetic.
    I worry so much about him when he's traveling. i worry that he will become ill, and nobody will help him.

But so far, nothing bad has happened, and we can't restrict the freedom of other adults to live their lives as they see fit.

I understand your feelings. I should add that I was raised by my dad. he's really the only parent I have. My dad is my moral compass in this universe. I thank God he is not terribly much older than me, because I hope he is around for my entire life.

I know it's hard, but you have to try and let go of this anxiety and let your dad live his life. Best wishes. <3

Quote Originally Posted by GlassPinata View Post
    I am sort of the same. My dad is a world traveler. He mostly travels in South and Central America, but he's also been to Europe and the Far East.
    He is 62 years old, and a Type 2 diabetic.
    I worry so much about him when he's traveling. i worry that he will become ill, and nobody will help him.

But so far, nothing bad has happened, and we can't restrict the freedom of other adults to live their lives as they see fit.

I understand your feelings. I should add that I was raised by my dad. he's really the only parent I have. My dad is my moral compass in this universe. I thank God he is not terribly much older than me, because I hope he is around for my entire life.

I know it's hard, but you have to try and let go of this anxiety and let your dad live his life. Best wishes. <3
    You and I are in a similar situation as my Dad raised me to. He's back now and I think I've coped ok. I saw my therapist kept on contact with friends etc whilst he's been away so that support network has been invaluable. It's something I need to get a grip on because one day he won't be here and I need to be able to cope on my own and live my own life independent of him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information