Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Proper melt down!!!

Re: Proper melt down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie8484 View Post
    It's also largely down to having an addictive personality. I used to smoke (20 light menthol per day) and didn't even need the nicotine . It was just a compulsion . It helped with nerves at the time but since I've quit (over 2 years ago) there's only been a handful of time where I've felt like I really need one.
    But big boy - imagine the cash you would save if you cut down or eventually quit ...it'd be enormous! X
    Carrie Hun again it's very difficult when there isn't the help I require to stop I even called the NHS Choices Line and there was very little to help and no group therapy I know group therapy would help me not really interested in lack of funding it's just a lame excuse in my book. Cheers

---------- Post added at 10:47 ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    My sister is addicted to nicotine and has no intention of quitting. Her GP said she'd be better off smoking as otherwise she would just pile on weight. It's her choice and she has been remarkably lucky to remain relatively fit after a lifetime of heavy smoking.

Surely there must be a local quit smoking group run by your GP's surgery or some other organisation, BigBoy? Do you actually want to cut down? I would imagine quitting totally is too much to take on?
    It's a terrible addiction and your sisters dr well should be helping yes it can make you gain weight but you can get help with that Surely you say sadly no if there had of been a support group I would have joined Well of course I do my mum died of Lung Cancer and Emphasema related illness If I only smoke 5 or so it probably would be easier than trying to stop with the amount I smoke so I am very much alone again on this. Cheers

Can I just say to change the topic of smoking here......I am not sure if you all read my thread on my breast 'lump' I had/have (still believe I have), for days and if not weeks I was lifting my left arm over behind my head about 10 times a day to have a prod, this is the same side where the shoulder nag is, do you think this could be causing this stupid niggling pressure feeling?

Could well be. It's certainly a more rational explanation.

I tend to agree with pulisa on this so stop proding and move on from it other wise you will never get better

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    I tend to agree with pulisa on this so stop prodding and move on from it other wise you will never get better
    Just just a thought that entered my mind.

Really really getting hacked off with this throat/chest of mine!

Not sure where the sensation is coming from....my throat feels weird when I breathe in and that is what is causing the continuous cough grrrrr....its like cold air in my windpipe when I breathe in & like ants crawling on my voicebox!

A friend of mine was just posting on fb last night.

She had a bad cold/flu that lasted most of Dec.

She thought she was over it but it has struck again and she has ended up in bed and too ill to even eat chocolate.

Its nasty but it's a virus. Sadly this means that your GP cannot give you anything to get rid of it.

Best looking at your favourite over the counter or home made solutions to make it less uncomfortable for yourself.

ps re your shoulder, you could well be spot on with your thinking as to why it is hurting, loads of coughing etc will not be helping matters either.

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    A friend of mine was just posting on fb last night.

She had a bad cold/flu that lasted most of Dec.

She thought she was over it but it has struck again and she has ended up in bed and too ill to even eat chocolate.

Its nasty but it's a virus. Sadly this means that your GP cannot give you anything to get rid of it.

Best looking at your favourite over the counter or home made solutions to make it less uncomfortable for yourself.

ps re your shoulder, you could well be spot on with your thinking as to why it is hurting, loads of coughing etc will not be helping matters either.
    Thanks Elen - I have also read again today on Facebook too that so many people are coming down with this virus - if its the same thing I have its horrible......my nose is blocked (just in the morning) but then the coughing starts....my throat is continuously scratchy.....its doing my head in! I am cutting down on the cig's too, only had 2 today.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kay8010 View Post
    I am cutting down on the cig's too, only had 2 today.....
    That is amazing, for what it's worth, and no doubt others will start jumping on me for saying it. If you are only smoking around 5 or so a day I doubt that it is having that much of an impact on your overall health.

I always think that we have to pick our battles and getting to grips with your HA is much more important than the smoking in my opinion.

I have a compromised immune system which can make normal bugs quite dangerous for me. I have no idea how I have managed to avoid all the germs that are afflicting everyone around me

One can only try, I have started now to take a multivitamin and not sure it will help in the future BUT I can try, going to try and cut down and then stop all together, one has to do something.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information