Thread: Vibrations with propranolol

Vibrations with propranolol

Hi, Ive found this site by doing what most people tell me not to - doing a google search for the symptom!

A few weeks ago I had a few health issues and couldn't get to see a doctor for ages - I saw one last week who to be honest just seemed like they wanted to get rid of me as quickly as possible and told me I was anaemic and sent me on my way with Iron tablets. That was on the Thursday, on the Saturday I was home alone and felt like I couldn't breathe, I was dizzy and I was sure that it was caused by the tablets she had given me so I called the doctor. I ended up in an urgent care centre and by the time I got called in I felt faint, i was shaking, my heart was racing and my face was bright red.

Once or twice during the week before this I had panic attacks but I thought I was in control of them.

I sat with the doctor in the urgent care for half hour and he took his time to talk to me about my life, the symptoms I had to start with and how I'd felt earlier in the day which lead me to make the phone call. After 20 mins I was so much calmer and he told me 99% of my problems was my anxiety and he didn't think I was anaemic at all. He prescribed me Propranolol 10mg, 3 times a day and said that until my anxiety was under control they couldn't possibly do a blood test to see if there is anything actually wrong with me.

I started taking that medicine on Sunday and almost immediately I stopped having the panic attacks, feeling dizzy/light headed etc. (I should mention that I had very bad anxiety and depression 5 years ago and took 2 months off work to get over it.)

Anyway, I started the tablets Sunday but only took 2 a day as I thought I didn't need to take as much as he said (stupid I know). Since Monday night I have had this vibration in my head that I just cant get rid of - the only time I don't notice it is when I'm driving. I have googled it and seen a few people have had the same on this medication. My question is - is this just a side effect and will it go away? I don't want the anxiety but I also don't want this as I feel its bringing the anxiety back!! Any advice would be great - thanks

Re: Vibrations with propranolol

Whereabouts in your head?

I got a couple of odd side-effects occasionally, but in general propanalol is amazing for panic and anxiety.

If you ever get nervous asking someone on a date, take a propanalol first!

towards the back of my head, but in general just a shakey feeling in my head - I hope it improves!

I took propranolol and it really helped I came off it gradually. Isn't it funny how it doesn't happen when your driving? You know why? Because your not focusing on it. Your concentrating on driving. X

Thread Information