Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: increased dose mirtazapine

Re: increased dose mirtazapine

yes i felt like i wanted to stay in the house was doing the sillyst of things kept forgetting things . i felt like i wanted to stop the meds keep with them i have bn on them a month now and the sleepyness has gone i can go out and feel like i want to go back to work. i felt better each day got better. i just take every day as it comes good luck with it but stick with the tabs xx

Hi,my gp started me off on 30mg mirtazapine and i felt awful for a couple of weeks coming off of catalapram 60mg at the same time probebly made it worse i go back and see my pdoc on tues proberbly incease to 45mg,I also take a mood stabilizer Sodium Valparate because im bi-polar.Last year i stopped taking valium i was taking 3-4 10mg tablets a day it took me 6months to get off it completly it was a very hard time it is very addictive but i needed it at the time.Good luck.

Hi, thanks for your posts, I actually went out yesterday (had to go to the GPs anyhow for my check-up). Decided to stay on 15mg. He didnt suggest anything for the bloating though, (its really bad in my hands especially first thing in the morning, makes me feel really clumsy), just said will wear off in time. Pulse was a little fast but I take propananol when I get that and it helps. I then went to the local shops and in the afternoon food shopping with mu husband. Had a really good day. Today not quite as good so having to take it a bit easier. When do you do back to work Maria??? I am due back in 2 weeks but dont have to do full-time straight away can go back on reduced hours and still be paid full time money then slowly build it up. I will have to see how the next couple of weeks go as I would not be ready feeling as I do now. Jo.xx

Hi Hendo, how long you been on mirtazipine for and how did you feel when you first started taking it??? Jo.

Hi,Jo iv'e been on Mirtazapine 3weeks now currently 30mgs when i first started taking it i was on an extreme high for 3-4 days and then i crashed i felt terrible for the next week and a half things have calmed down now and i feel a lot better i would say the first 2weeks are the hardest.I always have the same sort of experiance when i change anti-deppresants.Jamie.

Hi Jamie, thankyou for replying to me...feels really hard at the moment and it helps when someone gives a bit of encouragement as there are alot of negative comments on here about mirtazipine. Unfortunately I am such an impatient person and need to just chill a bit and go with it...been off work so long now....hopefully will pick up soon. Please keep me posted on how you get on. Are you still able to go to work at the moment, I just could not cope. Jo.

hi all i have bn of work since nov not due back in until 11 march back at the drs on thu see what he says iam also tryn to come of my sleeping pills zolpadem .i have bn on them over 1yr now. when i read up on them ur only suposed to b on them 2wks. not working as well still staying awake now i have got used to the mirt. not knocking me out of a nite now so thats a downer as they helped me have a good sleep well rome wasent built in a day going to stay on the 15ml thoe dont want that feeling down again when u go up good luck to u all xx

Hi Maria, thanks for your reply. Let me know how you get on at the doctors. I think I might need a couple more weeks off before I go back to work. I have now got an awful throat infection and hope its not a side effect of the meds, am seeing how I go with that. I have started to wake up alot earlier and not feel as drowsy during the day now too. I just find when I first wake up I feel a bit down...hope this goes soon. Dont feel like going out much yet either. We shall see. Keep in touch. Good luck. love Jo.xx

Hi Jo,I have'nt been able to cope with work very well either iv'e been off since july last year at the time something had to give it was either work or my health im a baker so i work funny hours.Since then my p-doc has changed all my meds and taken me off of some,it doe's take a while to get your body and mind used to diffrent medication.Unfortunatly if i don't take them i am very ill and have been hospitalized in the past.If you can cope keep with them for a bit longer a week or to might make all the diffrence can you stay off work a bit longer?

Hi Jamie, yes I am able to take more time off if i need to, so I think I will take another couple of weeks to ensure I have the meds in my system a bit longer. I then am able to go back on less hours and increase slowly as I feel better thankfully. Sorry to hear you have had a rough time of it....hope you are improving now. Thanks for replying. Jo.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information