Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: A Thread for Newcomers Worried about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Lightbulb Re: A Thread for Newcomers Worried about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Thanks man you helped me a lot, well it all started 20 days ago y had some headaches and some dizzyness (maybe because i was stressed about the university or something else) so i went to the hospital because i feared a brain tumor and they had a look at my head and obviously i was ok nothing in there, but i wasnt completely sure so i went to a neurologist who did some test ( like if i could walk fine move my arms in a normal way,the movement ot the eyes, etc the usual stuff) and everithing was ok, the only problem was the dizzyness that didnt get away, and my upper right eyelid that always moved like crazy, so the neurologist in the end told me, you should do more sport you are stressed.
    so i went home happy and that night i could sleep well, until the next morning when i put in google dyzzines and then i find this MS bullshit, so i started to feel the symptons , i became even more anxious and started to feel even worse than before i went to the oftalmologist to check my optic nerve and it was ok so for a while the MS was out of my head , then, one day i went to DR GOOLE AGAIN because i was unsure about the MS and started to read about ALS , well now i feel terrible i started to think that i have ALS and i still think that i have it (maybe a little less now after i read this thread) i feel my right arm weaker than the other, my left calf twitches and i have muscle cramps , i feel clumpsy and less cordinated with my hands and im in fear all the time, i tried to go to my doctor but she says i dont have anything that my exams are ok (she even had a laugh) , that im being hipocondriac and gave me an appointment with a psichiatrist for the next month , i wasnt satisfied so i went to other doctors , and the resut was always the same , dude you are anxious you need to see a psichiatrist, i even went to the first aid (like 3 times) like at the 3 am only to get diazepam in my veins a giant middle finger at my face and another neurologist who tells me im being anxious and i need psichiatric help, well nowadays i still feel some symptoms like my weak right arm but now im starting to think that everything is in my head and that im going to be ok , anyways i want to thank you for this thread it helped me a lot and i wish everyone with this shitty anxiety induced simptoms to be ok soon, we can be ok and happy if we want thanks everyone, sorry if my english is not perfect but im chilean and i live in italy, havent spoken in english in a long time, well goodnight to all!

Re: A Thread for Newcomers Worried about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

This thread did so much to assure me.. thanks!

Yes, the mind goes into overdrive thinking the worst possible outcome you listed in the first post. I have really annoying tingling sensations on my body now, which could technically be caused by many things not MS - low blood sugar, B12 deficiency, toxins, poor circulation etc.

Lets all stop Googling! It will drive us nuts! Ad all these doctor visits just to reassure ourselves cost a lot..

For me it started with eyelid twitching. Instead of letting it go like the rest of the world does, I worried about it and googled. Then twitches all over my body. We're talking forehead for a couple of days, right baby finger, muscles I didn't know existed. Everyone had a turn. Maybe an hour, maybe 2 days. Except eyelids which went from one eye to the other, days and days. After 3-4 weeks these twitches subsided and on came the odd pins/needle zap. Usually in feet/hands but also arms, legs, head. My HA levels rose significantly, I discovered MS online and of course ALS. I always knew on some level this was anxiety as I have suffered on and off from HA all my life and right now, about to move country with my family so thought the timing was funny.

Doesn't matter, when you are in the panic/health worry zone you're in it and rationality flew out the window. Zaps calmed down and on came dizziness/vertigo attacks, usually panic driven. May only last 5 seconds, a couple longer. I have had panic attacks before and was not sure if it was that. MS faded and back came brain tumor fear. Zaps faded but panic/vertigo there so went to a top neurologist who said it was anxiety, I could have an MRI if I wanted. Felt a bit better, after that. Then dizziness went but zaps returned, this time with circulation concerns. I had moved to being worried about the heart. Ridiculous in my moments in of clarity but terrified when possessed. Had blood test, all normal. Final thing today was looking at thyroid hormones which was normal. I was relaxed about that anyway, who cares about non-serious thyroid issues, loads of people have it. But seriously, especially if you are female with anxiety and nervousness, check this as high thyroid hormones can enhance enxiety

Finally I have come through this. I do mindfulness meditation everyday and had a moment recently when I confronted my anxiety about emigrating. Instead of seeing it as displacement and a negative and scary move, over and over, yesterday I repeated what a positive wonderful move it will be, for me and my family. Over and over and over.

Today first day in weeks, no zaps. I have full rationality and clarity that everything is anxiety based. I am not saying I am 'cured' - I will always be sensitive and possible prone to over-reacting still to the smallest 'sensation'.

Although these symptoms are scary and so real, I was always aware that they are vague. At the end of the day, I never passed out, lost balance with the dizziness, seen my fingers turn blue. The zaps were not constant and the twitching stopped.

Of course always seek medical re-assurance but in the meantime, for me, this time, it was about really thinking what was I worried about and for the first time applying positive thinking and affirmations to that. It may be more powerful to attack the 'other general or specific worry' than the HA itself.

I'm so worried re Ms. I get burnings tingly legs. Pins and needles in most places. My big toes feel kind of jittery and on edge if that makes sense like I can't bare them touching anything.
    I have as patch on my back that is tingly on and off but now more frequent as well as a patch on the side of my calf. I feel this internal vibration especially when waking up. I have had dizziness on and off for couple of years. I get strange skin sensations all over my body mainly hands,feet, legs and arms. From burning to pins and needles to pain. Sometimes I feel like my limbs Arent going to work properly (they do tho). I wake up with numb fingers a lot. I get pins and needles in my feet snd legs most days. I get twi fhs in my muscles. My speech is bad getting words mixed up etc. I'm a wreck. Gp knows about my HA but said at this time he doesnt think its ms. This freaks me out "at this time". He said we will see if symptoms change at all. He's going to try me on escitrilopam which I'm apprehensive about taking. I have m.e/fibro so that complicates things as some of these symptoms could be down to that. Please help Im Desperate x
    Last edited by sjr1969; 30-06-16 at 11:10.

Love this!!! Came across this website today (doctor recommended ages ago) after being on the internet searching for 'early signs of MS' which i have been reading near enough every day actually convincing myself I have it. This has been very helpful !

Quote Originally Posted by itoldyouiwasill View Post
    Hey, can I have my thread back please!!

Regards

pan
    Pan, That post on the "AZ" forum helped me so much three years ago when I was going through a MS scare... Now I'm back with another scare and I immediately remembered you when I read this!

Thanks for the insightful posts. I actually printed out a few from you and sixpack and read them often.

Quote Originally Posted by emmegee View Post
    Pan, That post on the "AZ" forum helped me so much three years ago when I was going through a MS scare... Now I'm back with another scare and I immediately remembered you when I read this!

Thanks for the insightful posts. I actually printed out a few from you and sixpack and read them often.
    No worries.

It's really weird to look back and see how something I wrote so long ago is still of use to people. I'm glad to have helped.

Yep, sixpack was/is great.
    I was brought here to pay homage
    To the beat surrender

Thanks so much Dooges - I'm 70 year-old newby recovering from severe anxiety/depr.
    My current physical symptom has been weird weakness in back of thighs!
    This post has really helped me.
    "Accepting & letting time pass" excellent advice - & realising how physical body responds to an anxious mind.
    Thanks again.

I was "Breathless" over on AZ. I've always loved this thread and going through a rough patch of physical symptoms after being largely free of anxiety for a year. Glad this thread is still around.

I've been gettingetting weird symptoms; tingling/buzzing down left side of my body, tiredness, loss of sensation in left hand, weird tingling paper stuck to foot feeling in left foot. Weird numb tingling in left side of face. Burning skin feeling in back. Brain fog. Depersonalisation. Had these on and off for almost 5 years. Had an mri of my brain and saway a neurologist, too many Dr's to count. But I'm still terrified and don't understand how it's just anxiety. I feel anxious and depressed because of the symptoms not the other way around :( Just sick of it all.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information