Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cant stop thinking about my breathing

Re: cant stop thinking about my breathing

HI Bowny, just so you don't feel so alone in your feeling, letting you know there is another very similar thread ongoing started by someone else....

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=68599

It might be worth reading that one too, for some extra support.

Hey guys. I just dealt with just over a month of this. My advice would be to either see a chiropracter to verify that the cause is not pinched nerves in your neck first. Otherwise, what I ddid was fought against the fear response from the body and spent the course of a week fighting the panic of not complying to breath and eventually broke the fear response but then had to deal with the next fear of if I was breathing and then relearn how to hold my throat muscles during the exercises as to allow my body to breath but not myself. Also downloaded a heart rate monitor for my phone and monitored my heart rate during the process to insure that I wasn't indeed choking myself. Took a lot of willpower but it is worth the peace of mind because the breathing was driving me insane.

Also, it has been found that if you vertibrae pinch the nerves for the autonomous nervous system that it will cause you to be concious of your breathing. Found that out the last day of my struggle after wards. Kick in the pants...
    Good luck and I hope these two options help you guys through it. I couldn't find a solution so I wanted to post my findings because the issue almost drove me to very bad things.

can you use medications to help abit?

---------- Post added at 08:01 ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 ----------

also why did these symstoms go away for a few days them came back yesterday?

Hi there! Just wondring if you're still having this problem or you overcome it? Im having the same problem for about 3 nights now and i been losing sleep due to constantly focusing on my breathing. I was feeling hopeless everytime it happens to me. I never had to focus on my breathing before but since i recently have a severe panic attack for about 3 weeks now ive been focusing on my breathing especially at night before bed and its really taking a toll on me. During the day i could fight or divert my mind somewhre else and it works but when its bed time im having a hardtime distracting myself eventhough my anxiety meds makes me relax and sleepy. I dont even remember being anxious but when i start focusing on my breathing i would start to breathe shallow which causes me to have some shortness of breath and then i'd get tense and panicky. I hope this is just a phase im going through and itll pass eventually. Or i am just anxious and my panick attack is fairly new? I tried distracting myself too by listening to music with my earphones but i still somehow find myself focusing on it still. It's good to know though that i am not the only one experiencing it. Please advise on how you guys cope on this. Thanks

This thread is many years old. I doubt you'll get a response from the OP as they've not logged on in as many years.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information