Home | Contact | Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Terms and conditions
User Name
Password
Health Anxiety Are you plagued by fears about your body or health? Are you suffering from Health Anxiety? Please check other sub-forums first to see if your problem should be posted there instead. E.G. the IBS forum or the medication forum or the symptoms forum.

Old 10-03-17, 21:34

Re: How To Survive Health Anxiety!

Im new in this site ,i hope i can help myself also to overcome my health anxiety .my anxiety has been with me for quite sometime now ,almost 2 years.i was diagnosed with hyperaldosteronism which is giving me a high blood pressure.even though its controlled still im always worried that i will get sick ,i become a worrier now even small things makes me worry and anxious.i dont how long i will stay like this i hope i can be the same person as i was before care free and full of life.☹️😢 I miss the old me.
Old 10-04-17, 22:08

Lifestyle changes are probably the biggest thing you can do in order to fight HA, at least that's been the case for me.

I've recently started on my new routine and feel a lot better already.

* Wake up 6:15 am (When it gets darker, sleep for longer)
* Do some morning stretches for about 15 mins before going running or whatever exercise I do to really wake up
* Return and cool down
* Breakfast with plenty of fruit and a supplement to get the essential vitamins covered so there's no worries there.
* If there's time before work, do meal prep for the days ahead or something else that's productive and relaxing.
* Go out to work. Since I have an hour's journey, I've started to use the time to write.
* Work - Take breaks, get fluids, eat well, etc.
* Return home, do some organising and sorting out, getting good food in your gut with time to spare. Evening stretches and exercise to help out as well, not as intense as the morning.

Hopefully I can keep this going, depending on what I'm doing on any given day it'll vary but for now this is what I need to do. I have a full list of exercises to do as well so I don't miss out or forget.
Old 09-05-17, 01:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab View Post
Great post. I have been greatly helped by the Dr Claire Weekes books, so I would add the following:

Don't fight your anxiety and feelings. You just produce more adrenaline and feel worse. Accept the feelings of anxiety and how your body feels - it's temporary. Let the feelings wash over you, but carry on - Claire weekes calls it 'floating'.
Her audio CD is fantastic. It's a goto whenever I feel bad. She's one of the best
Old 09-05-17, 01:35
Intermediate Member

It's nice to see a positive post! I don't suffer from health anxiety. Just plain old garden variety of anxiety. I agree with you, we can get better. I have read some very sad stories here and wish I could offer these people more help. It is to very true you have to trust your doctors or you will never get any peace. I agree that accepting anxiety and letting it go does help. Getting outside in the sunshine, a walk or making a friend can help. Again, great post!
Old 11-05-17, 20:02

This post really​, really helped me today. One to read often

Tags
anxiety, health, survive