Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: inositol or sjw

inositol or sjw

I think that anxiety is making me depressed so what's best to go for inositol or sjw? Not currrently on any meds. What works the quickest?

Re: inositol or sjw

Hi. I too had the same problem as yourself earlier this week i.e. deciding between SJW or inositol and after much research have decided to go for Inositol due to the fact I have read it has less side effects then SJW.
    I started inositol 3 days ago so I honesty can't tell you if it is working yet but I do feel slightly better. Nothing major but the horrible feelings of anxiety I have been feeling are definitely less. From what I have read both inositol and SJW can take 4 to 6 weeks to work but everyone is different and whichever people do use, I am sure some people will find they start feeling the benefits quicker then others.
    Sorry I could not help more but I hope that whichever you choose you soon begin to feel better.

Thanks erin. Let us know how you get on.

I've been on inositol for 5 days now and I can honestly say I feel a lot better.
    I started to take it because I was having severe withdrawal symptoms while coming off venlafaxine so it could also be that the withdrawal symptoms are just getting less but I do feel it is helping. I was taking venlafaxine for anxiety and depression, and I was due to see my GP this week to change to another AD but at the moment I don't feel I need to.
    I take the powder form of inositol and take 1 teaspoon in the morning, 1/2 tsp at lunch and 1/2 tsp at dinner.
    I also take 100mg of L tyrosine each morning.
    I do generally feel better. I am sleeping well which is something I have not done for a long time and I know I am thinking with a clearer head.
    The good thing about inositol is that it does not have any side effects apart from diarrhea if you take too much but I'm on quite a high dose and it hasn't effected me yet.
    I hope you soon find something that works for you Humly. Do let us know what you try.

I always recommend inositol, I feel like I've become its champion or something. Inositol has fewer side effects than SJW and trials consistently prove inositol to be effective. Also research has shown a reduction in inositol in people who are depressed and nobody has a deficiency of SJW so the answer is clear to me.

Get inositol powder rather than pills as it is much better value for money and you can take higher doses. Start around 3-4g per day.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Hi. Just bought some inositol but they only had it in tablet form. I am a bit nervous about taking more than the recommended dose. Do you know if it is ok to take with magnesium and calcium as I read somewhere that magnesium is good as a muscle relaxant. will let you know how I get on.
    Last edited by Humly; 04-11-09 at 16:39.

where can you buy the powder form of inositol as my holland and Barrett only sell it in tablet form mixed with something else

Joy

Humly I have never heard of any ill effects when taking Magnesium with inositol but I wouldn't really know for definite.
    What was the recommended dose you have for inositol? I read it was best to start at 4g a day and work up but I started at 8g and I have not had any side effects.
    The only side effects I have read about are diarrhea. Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

Joy I get my inositol powder from Holland and Barrett. It is their own make. I'm sorry but I really don't know where else you could buy it. You could order it in at your local H & B but I realise that won't help you right now as you will have to waite a week or so for it to come in.

Hi Erin. It says on the pack one to three tablets per day and they are 650mg. The way I am feeling at the mo I could take the whole bottle of 100. Might start with 5 a day and see how I get on.

Just another thing. Do you spread the doses throughout the day or take them all at once. Whats the best time to take them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information