Thread: anyone not had a smear test because they're scared of result?

anyone not had a smear test because they're scared of result?

i've not had one yet because im absolutely terrified of the result.
    i have only been sexually active for 4 years and with only one man;

i also had the hpv vaccination a year and a half ago as i became obsessed.

i really dont want a smear and its playing on my mind.
    please no replies about how abnormalities were found after your smears.

Re: anyone not had a smear test because they're scared of result?

I always get anxious when I have a smear test and I don't think that will ever change. But I will force myself to have them because they are there to identify early changes and if you have them when your invited to then you protecting yourself and reducing your risk against getting cancer. You have to force yourself, it is scary but its better to know about changes early on than not. I'm sure you'll be fine so please take advantage of this free test on the NHS, it takes 5 mins to do and it could save your life xx

Please do book one, it is really quick and I always ask for a female nurse to feel more at ease. Don't let your mind play worrying tricks on you, you are taking care of your health.

You really must get one done and not be an ostrich lol (head in sand)

Don't you think it would be better to find any problems early on rather than leave it until it can't be treated?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

i cant be the only one whos not had one yet, surely? :(

This year I finally had my third test, it was due 2 years ago, I point blank refused to go at first and started to become terrified of a bad result, I even felt like I was having problems in that region...

Eventually my nurse who does my Depo provera injection talked me in to it, she told me that even if there was something I would be seen to ASAP and it would be sorted in no time, I booked an appointment for the following week, I stressed all the way, I even thought about cancelling, BUT I got to the surgery and my nurse was so lovely and gentle, I barely felt a thing and 5 weeks later the result was fine... nothing wrong.

I helped myself I think a bit by reminding myself that if anything was found it would be better treated sooner than later, and if I ever have a baby that'll be much more involved than a smear!

Be brave, it's so worth it, more so... YOUR worth it!

As a male, it's not something I have to deal with, but I've been to the doctor a few times with regards to male health. It's not fun having some middle-aged guy fondle your testicles and penis. Well, not for me anyway. However, it's vital that you go and have the test done.

The only reason you're looking for others in the same boat is so you can fool yourself into relaxing. Not going for the smear isn't going to change the result. What it will do is make sure that if there is anything wrong, you will find out as soon as possible and will get treatment as soon as possible, too.

Seriously, if I can have a total of four different doctors (yes, four) inspecting the old meat and two veg, you can have this test done.

Oh and when your on the bed, really try to relax your legs n bum, if you have discomfort or anything tell the nurse and she should stop, use more gel maybe, and try again.

Thread Information