Bit of background:

I've had problems with anxiety for around eight years now and have tried a number of different approaches:

• Counselling
  • Sertraline
  • CBT
  • Hypnotherapy
  • 5HTP
  • Aromatherapy
  • Diazepam
I have to say that the CBT has been the most effective for me but its pretty expensive.

Sertraline didn't 'work' if I'm honest and I gave it a good crack staying on and trying different doses for two years. (I've been off a year now)

I've read 'The Poets' Inositol and Citralapram threads with interest and there is a LOT of useful information there.

My question is although my continued talking therapy (CBT approach) helps me help myself I would like something to compliment what I'm doing in the form of a drug or supplement.

My anxiety is pretty wide ranging and can be very intense (some days I'm fine others I'm not) and like I said has been a problem for circa eight years now.

I get the typical mind chatter and intense reactions to triggers etc.

What I'm asking (after this rambling post) is would people try Inositol before Citralapram in the quest to rid myself of the problem I have with anxiety?

By the way I'm a 'forty-something' male and married with children holding down a full time job.

Thanks for your time.