Thread: tight chest

Unhappy tight chest

does anyone else suffer with a really tight chest like someone is siiting on u and u cant breath also a feeling of fullness in chest and thudding heart these symptoms are really getting me down . deb x

Re: tight chest

yes i am suffering from that chest pain too, it is like something heavy press on my chest and very heavy things there.. and i feel tightness too, i've this long time ago, but each time it happen i am scared and worry, and i hv alot of other symptom (that i post in general anxiety), pls help me, i feel dizzy , light headed suddenly for no reason, my heart also beats very very fast. tell me what should i do first? i am going crazy already, every night i can't sleep well, wake up having headache, dizzy, light heeaded and drowsy, every night i worry will i be ok tomorrow. but it never seem to be better.

For both Debjay and Alba, have a read of the symptoms on this site, what you are describing are all anxiety symptoms, most us here have had them. It's all very scary, but you can learn to deal with them and eventually get them under control, but it does take time. That was the mistake I made, expecting a quick cure. I had the things you both mention, and I'm more or less sorted now, just my scary thoughts to get rid of, if I let them get out of hand, the symptoms come back, so get reading bot of you and try out some of the things suggested that will help.

PS, you should get checked by a doc to make sure there is no other cause.

Hi Cat. what kind of check should i do? pls tell me check what?

Have a read of this thread and see what Eeby put - it may help reassure you....

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18078

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

hi ive had ecg s chest xray and bloods and every thing comes back fine all symptoms are put down to anxiety im lucky to have a supportive gp i must have been up there every week for last few months ,ive also started seeing therapist aswell

Whenver I walk, I can feel chest area is painful tight feeling andheavy feeling too. Like something heavy sitting on my chest, I must stop wlaking and then ok, what is that. Ia m so scared. For 1mths already this pain is bothering me.pls help

Thread Information