Hi everyone
I'm new to this forum and am looking for a wee bit of reassurance if possible. Over the years I have had episodes of anxiety but in last week I have had two episodes which I would describe as anxiety attacks. These attacks can last for days maybe even weeks). I have a major freak out and then I am left with feelings of agitation, aware of my heart beating and worst of all vomiting and nausea. My GP originally prescribed Diazepam 2mgs as required up to three times daily but other than making me feel very tired these have had little effect. This morning after a terrible night of not sleeping, heart racing and vomiting I went to see the out-of-hours GP who precribed Buscopan for the vomiting and told me to take 2x2mg of Diazepam three times a day. I have taken her advice and taken 1 Buscopan and 2 x 2mg diazepam and as I am sitting here I'm still feeling nauseaous although the actual anxiety feeling does seem to be slightly better. All I feel at the moment from the Diazepam is very tired. It would be great if anyone else who has experienced similar especially with the Buscopan could let me know if this helped. Thanks Marie.