Thread: numbness??

numbness??

Well for the past few months my sholder has been going numb and now that when i sleep my hands fall asleep at night while sleeping and my right leg did it once while sleeping its seems to be doing it every night now and iam very worried about it iam not sure if axiety can do this to while you are sleeping my hands dont go numb while iam awake only my sholder i do suffer from health axiety i aways think the worse when somthing is wrong does anyone else do this while sleeping??Iam trying not to freak my self out but its hard not to when its there..

Numbness in arm
    NUMB ARM!!!?????

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Yep, this is a fairly common problem.

In fact I'm going through a phase of having some at the moment, but it will doubtless go away, like it did before.

Take Care,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

thanks for the links my numbness in my sholder during the day does go away with a heating pad are when i take a xanaxs help me not to worry about it as much they where telling me if it goes away while taking the med then its axiety its really hard to believe my docs..

Yes it's really weird and I don't really fully understand it myself.
    I have nights when Im stressed my arms n hands go dead and pins and needles.
    But I know its when im anxious and have nightmares too.
    I noticed when i started a new job recently my big toes became numb.
    This caused me to worry and I had pictures in my head of having to have my toes amputated gangrene and so on.
    This morning I noticed that full sensation has returned.
    These are part of life. Everything comes and goes.
    You wake up, you fall asleep and wake up again. No surprise.

Advice: EXPRESS YOURSELF DON'T REPRESS YOURSELF.

I have a similar problem ! I woke up one night and thought my arms had been cut off it was awful I had to try and wiggle the feeling back into them and thats hard to do when you feel like you have nothing there !

I sleep in a very tense position at night and you probably do the same!

When you feel anxious and tense it affects every part of your body and trying to sleep with anxiety is very difficult !

Try to relax before you sleep at night by doing some breathing techniques

Good Luck

Sue with 5

scknight

Yeah maby your right see mine is now gone i just took a xanaxs about a half hour ago but what sucks about them type of meds you are kinda likea zombie i dont like it to much i just started taking lexapro for over a week now going to keep taking them tell they kick in then slowly stop taking the xanxas but i dont have the breathing problems like alot have but i do fill my heart skip a beat are speed up then slow down but my ekg came back fine ...My head doc says my symtoms will not go away tell i fix whats wrong upstairs does this sound right to you all???

Re: numbness??

Hi All,

I cannot belive I am back here again with yet another illness! - I am so mad at myself after getting a negative result on my smear test I promised myself I would chill out and not worry. However since Monday I have been experiencing what I can only describe as 'iritable leg and hand syndrome' I have had this in my legs on occasion at night time but of recent I have found that I get it during the day and more so in my hands. I have to really concentrate to type and my left hand appears to be worse than the right. However yesterday as I was pre-occupied with some other life threatning illness I had no symptoms at all and here it is again today! - I have convinced myself I have MS or some nerve eating disease. Even sitting here typing this when I should be working I can feel my hands trembling and my breathing changing.

I am so disappointed in myself, the rational side of me is telling me that I can control this but this niggling voice in my head is telling me this is it!!

Any advice on how to handle this would be gratefully received.

Mel x

Thread Information