Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Citalopram to Fluoxetine.

Re: Citalopram to Fluoxetine.

Glad to hear it. Day by day as they say! I do a lot of meditation at home and find it very soothing. Never had hypnotherapy. You seem very motivated and I am glad you are finding so many things which help.

Total cock up today, just realised that I took my Fluox yesterday a.m. and also last night as I used to take my others, so a double dose all be it 12 hrs apart.

Slept till 4.30, good for me, felt fine and also at 5.30 and 6.30 but come 9.00am I feel very low, more than usual, could this be the extra Fluox effect.

---------- Post added at 12:09 ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 ----------

12.00am still down, not panicking about double dose as I have read that 20mg is a low dose anyway, so double should be ok. Will re-start tomorrow.

Hi mazza27, I used to be very motivated once but this lark put a stop to that. I do have to force myself to do these things in the hope that they may help, but as to things I did for pleasure, they have dropped off big time.

Hypno is good, I never believed it would work on me but the idea isnt to have you impersonating chickens but to try to suggest different things to your inner mind. I dont know if it will work, but it is very calming.

Another rough day today. Anxiety mainly, day 10 off Cit and day 7 on Floux.

I do hope it settles down soon for you.

Day 11 off Cit and day8 on Floux. Still anxious and head feels foggy, very lethargic but poor sleep doesn't help.

I dont think the drink at night helps the morning blues, but it eases me for a couple of hours in the evening. 3 glasses of red wine last night. I think Churchill had the right idea.

Good on your for sticking at it! You are doing all the right things, using alternative therapies and not just relying on the meds. You may be having a bit of withdrawal from the cit which may be increasing the anxiety. Keep going, you are doing well. X

Has anyone ever had self doubt. This is a new one with me, where I think of something awful and when I tell my mind it's not true or never happened, my mind, subconscious or whatever doesn't believe me and then spend ages trawling through my mind to try and back up its thoughts.

Is this paranoia? because it always happens on days that I start of feeling ok with myself, as if my mind simply doesn't want to be happy.

Day 12 off and day 9 on.

Yesterday was strange in many ways. In the a.m. I felt low, picked up in the p.m. when the brain zaps started again, looking back through my journal I notice that they have been missing for 2 days. These carried on into the evening and I felt good.

Fantastic nights sleep 6 WHOLE HOURS world record for me, dozed off again for another hour, but when awake I felt very low again, taken meds in a.m. as normal and as of 11.30 mood has lifted slightly, but no brain zaps yet! still arguing with myself.

These brain zaps are interesting as I seem to feel fine when they occur. They are like instant dizzy spells and my very mild tinnitus in one ear, volume increases, its all over in literally half a second but continues constantly whilst I feel good?

Hi! Fish oil tablets are supposed to be really good for brain zaps and your brain in general. I took them when I tapered down from Sert. You are doing really great. Big thumbs up for the sleep . I have wondered about the paronia thing as well. I didn't quite understand what you meant, maybe you could give an example? When my anxiety is at its worst, I have intrusive thoughts (OCD). I sometimes wonder if I am paranoid, but I can rationalise that these are just intrusive thoughts. I think it is normal to question yourself when you are having a 'good' day. The other day I thought I had mania because I actually felt good and didn't have any anxiety. Googled it and it definately wasn't mania. X

Quote Originally Posted by Bike Rider View Post
    Has anyone ever had self doubt. This is a new one with me, where I think of something awful and when I tell my mind it's not true or never happened, my mind, subconscious or whatever doesn't believe me and then spend ages trawling through my mind to try and back up its thoughts.

Is this paranoia? because it always happens on days that I start of feeling ok with myself, as if my mind simply doesn't want to be happy.
    The 'paranoia' you speak about is completely normal! its just part of the old self sending a reminder of how you were feeling. The good thing is, is that your having ok periods! I started to see this self doubt as a positive thing as it was kicking in when I had just had a really good moment or been symptom free for a while.

All I did/do when ever hit with such a thought is just accept it and say to myself 'nah I probably won't ever get over it but who cares I am just going to carry on my day as normal whether I feel crap or ok' .. that reaction is going to work a hell of a lot better than trying to reason with it

People who have serious sports injuries will also be hit with them thoughts of 'what if it comes back?' 'what if I can never compete again?' .. its natural but how you respond will change how often they come up and the duration once they come up

You haven't got paranoia, just keep going as you are, accept and don't fight thoughts. Your not accepting that your going to be like that forever, your accepting that ok its a silly thought and its ok to think that at the moment. In time there will be no need for your mind to send that thought to you

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information