Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Week 7 still hoping for improvement

Red face Week 7 still hoping for improvement

Started week 7 today day 50 on the 20mg fluoxetine and 80mg propranolol. Still hoping for more improvement when I look back I have improved but I feel like I still not myself, I have decided to wait to increase the meds even though I think my GP was keen for me to up to 40mg but I was too scared I will go back to square one and reading a few bits and bobs on forums some say the fluox could still be reaching a steady state. I suppose I just thought I would be better by now so feel disheartened that I'm not but I imagaine most on this site have felt like this in the recovery process. I have had about 7 sessions of therapy but yet to properly start my therapist has been asking me lots and lots of questions so she knows what to delve into.

Would be nice to hear from someone who has been through all this and is recovered.

Re: Week 7 still hoping for improvement

Anxiety is still through the roof noises sound loud and irritate me. Wondering if this is a side effect from the meds?

Quote Originally Posted by Avm View Post
    Anxiety is still through the roof noises sound loud and irritate me. Wondering if this is a side effect from the meds?
    It is much more likely to be from the anxiety. It might be time to talk to your GP about increasing the fluoxetine dose.

Do you think I still need the meds time to lower my anxiety levels, I was thinking I need to give it the 12 weeks

Do you think I still need the meds time to lower my anxiety levels, I was thinking I need to give it the 12 weeks
    Maybe, but given your stress levels are through the roof atm I think 20mg is probably not going to cut it so you may as well increase the dose now. You can always dial it back once things improve.

Ok I think I need to go and see my gp then, I'll tell them how iv been and see if she wants me to increase the dose just scared I will go back to square one.

Hi Avm

Have you been keeping a diary? I kept everything written down on a word doc. Pretty basic i.e...

Day 40 Mon Woke at 08:00, no breakfast felt anxious first thing, went shopping 10:00-12:00 anxiety ok. ate lunch, anxiety started to rise from 17:00 felt nauseous, ate tea, panic attack 19:00-20:00 used CBT technique to calm myself, fell asleep at 00:00..

I then printed it all out and gave it to my GP at my next appointment rather than me trying to remember everything that had happened over a couple of weeks. It also let me see I had been having better and worse days, rather than thinking every day was bad

I have been keeping a diary yes but not in much detail more just a general how I was in the morning, evening and afternoon and scoring it out of ten. I just feel like if I sell the house all this worrying, anxiety, depression will go but I don't want to give up

I just feel like if I sell the house all this worrying, anxiety, depression will go
    I wouldn't count on it. Beyond a certain point anxiety/stress takes on a life of its own independent of the trigger and I think you are well past that point. In fact you may have been even before moving into the house.

I don't know what to do for the best I can't rest without my mind just running with worries, I feel exhausted, just don't think anything will help me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information