Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some support please.

Re: Need some support please.

It's a shame you didn't keep going on the lexapro/escitalopram.

All ssri's and snri's are cumulative drugs which take 7 to 10 days to reach a steady state of dosage in your system. During this period the side effects can be intense.

Your doctor should have given you a prescription of diazepam for 2 to 3 weeks alongside the escitalopram.

Which ever one you try give it some time, at least 6 to 8 weeks before moving on. I have cycled on and of escitalopram 3 times over the last 11 years and the side effects have been horrendous but in the end they have always helped.

So, 11 days in and I feel like I'm getting worse. I'm having these chocking sensations all through out the day while sitting down. Breathing is horrible.

Hate life right now. So miserable. Hard to cope.

Can't quit cause all it does it get worse.

Very sad

Quote Originally Posted by js1803 View Post
    So, 11 days in and I feel like I'm getting worse. I'm having these chocking sensations all through out the day while sitting down. Breathing is horrible.
    Are you having difficulty breathing? If so, contact a doctor asap.

IF I get up and do something like right now im cleaning my house cause im so anxious at 2 am, the choking feeling goes away.

I feel it right now, my neck muscles feel tense. I have an oximeter that I crazily look at to try and figure out what i keep taking deep breathes /cant breathe and it reads normal. 99%

This is the worst of the worst.

I'm in hell. The most basic function there is is breathing and its tortured me for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by js1803 View Post
    The most basic function there is is breathing and its tortured me for 2 years.
    So the issue is not a physical impediment to breathing, but an ongoing one of anxiety affecting how you breathe? Hopefully, this will clear once the med begings working. Unfortunately, most antidepressants will initially make anxiety worse and with it also any anxiety related symptoms and issues.

Ask your doctor to prescribe a small dose of one of the benzodiazepines (BZDs) to ease the initial anxiety spike, or if s/he doesn't prescribe BZDs then hydroxyzine (Vistaril), a prescription antihistamine with fairly strong anti anxiety properties, would be a good alternative. Note: hydroxyzine may be contraindicated if you have asthma or bronchitis.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information