Thread: clanazopam

clanazopam

Okay. I probably completely spelled that wrong, I'm sorry. Haven't posted here in awhile, but.. here's my situation. I am at one of those points where I am on the brink of a panic attack.. not quite there yet.. but feel it coming on.. I usually take 1-2mg of Ativan, but I am out.. I didn't prepare well for my doctor going away for two weeks obviously - LOL. Anyway, I have some Clonazopam which I take for sleep and used to take for anxiety all the time.. anyway. Point is.. if I were to take a little bit of that right now, does anyone know if it would help me at all at any point in the near future or am I just out of luck for now? I know it doesn't work the same way that Ativan works or anything, but.. would it help at ANY point in the next, like, little while or so? Thanks...

xoxox

Re: clanazopam

If your doctor is away they should have some provision for you to see a Locum or Stand-in doctor. Not 100% how it would work in Canada, but there should be someone. Have you tried calling their surgury/clinic and seeing what is what. At the worst they should prescribe enough to last just until your own Dr returns.

The other option might be to talk to your usual Pharmacist as they will a) have records of your recent prescriptions and b) should know the procedure to authorise you some.

Both those options are better than pure self medication. I'm quite inclined to say "why have they got you on X for Y?" but its much trickier to say oh yes just take that. In addition there are likely to be withdrawal symptoms from the Ativan which might not be countered by your other medication even if it is similar. After all if it was "that similar" they'd only be using one medication I would hope.

Good Luck with this. I really suggest speaking to a pharmacist.

Re: clanazopam

My doctor prescribed me both. I take the ativan when I need something to act right away(when I'm in a Panic Attack)...As for the clonazepam I take it when I think I'll be anxious or when I anticipate something, they work pretty well. They stay in your system for much longer than the ativan. I'd say that the Clonazepam will do the job. Sometimes for me they work better than the ativan.

Thread Information