Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sertraline Success Stories needed PLEASE!

Sertraline Success Stories needed PLEASE!

Hi everyone

I am quite new here and also to Sertraline which I have been prescribed for Panic Attacks and General Anxiety. Basically I started on 50 mg and after 1 week went up to 100 mg - which I now know was too much too soon as I had awful side-effects I am now back on 50 mg and the side effects are less severe thankfully and am now into week 2. I am luckily quite a positive person BUT even I am a bit disheartened by the fact that I still feel pretty c**p and could do with some encouragement from others who have had success with Sertraline just so I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel really. I look forward to hearing from you and thanks in advance xx

Re: Sertraline Success Stories needed PLEASE!

Hiya. I am on sertraline, 50mg, been about 6 weeks now, oh his yes there is light at the end of the tunnel. I was starting to really feel brighter by 2 weeks and I would say by 4 weeks 90% myself. It has helped me get my life back, I do have some annoying side effects like waking up a lot during the night with nausea, been constipated on and off, but I think they will go eventually. You stick with it, you will get there xx

Hey Laura
    Thank you so much for replying, you have given me hope I guess all these meds take time to settle in. I will stick with it.

Any other Sertraliners out there with some positive stories?? There must be surely. I can see that lots of people have read this post so I'm guessing others would love to hear too. Please post a reply and give us all some much need encouragement

Hi there
    Five months for me and took a while to fully kick it but most days 95 to 98 percent better, won't like been a few wobbles on the way.
    You will find good mins, then hours, then days and finally weeks this was what I was told which was spot on.
    You will get there and any wobbles you will get support on here xx

Hiya ive been on them for a month now for the 1st week or so i was feeling sick but that has now gone . I feel so much better after a month ive got my life back im back to happy ole me . The only side affect im getting now is sweating in bed but i can put up with that hopefully it will go . You stick to it you will be fine and feel as good as me x

Thanks TJ and dudley, that's the stuff we want to hear lol. I really do appreciate you taking the time to reply, it means alot! Keep calm and carry on it is then Can I ask what dose you are both on?

I was started on Sertraline at the beginning of September, first couple of days I felt sick, an upset stomach, strange sleep pattern and sweating hot. These soon went away, and withing a couple of weeks, I actually felt "normal".

Now 9 weeks later, the cause of my problems has been removed, I am just starting on my gp's advice to start cutting down on the sertraline. taking only one 50mg tablet every other day.

I feel that Sertraline has helped me sort myself out and I am back in control.

Hello Less Panic
    Thanks for posting, that's really encouraging and I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling good again, long may it continue for you xx

I was on 50mg all the time for a full year. I had awful side effects at first - insomnia, diahroea, loss of appetite etc., but in the end it was well worth it. Didn't get any benefits at all until around four to six weeks in when gradually things started to improve mentally and the side effects gradually wore off. Came off Sert altogether around a year ago and haven't had any more problems!

Tyke

Thanks Tyke and I'm glad to hear you're feeling so much better, hope it stays that way for you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information