Thread: Swollen, painful armpit lump..

Swollen, painful armpit lump..

I've today had a very sore, painful armpit and there is a lump under the skin about the size of a broad bean. It's really tender and painful. I'm breastfeeding but I am sure it's nothing to do with the breast, I know all about mastitis as I'm a breastfeeding peer counsellor lol. I have M.E. but I've never known my gland swell this much before, or be this painful. Help, I'm scared it's lymphoma or something!!

Re: Swollen, painful armpit lump..

I h=get that on and off and sometimes it becomes like a sort of blind boil which usually bursts - dont worry, because its very sore that signals that it has become inflammed or infected so the liklihood is that its nothign serious. If it doesnt go way after a few days then see the doc and they will give you some antibiotics to sort it out. I get them under my arms and in my groin - there is a name for it but I cant remember it - its hydro something or other - ps they tend to be sweat glands that have become inflammed.

suz x

My sis had this once, the doc wasn't concerned & it went away of its own accord in the end x

This sounds like a boil to me. They're quiet common to get in the armpit or groin. If it is bothering you then you could use some boil cream and/or a warm compress on the spot a couple of times a day. This will bring out a head and it will eventually burst. Make sure to keep the area clean after it has

Its absolutly nothing to worry about, I've had it happen plenty of times to me. Its usually caused by a bit of deoderant in the poor or a blocked hair follicle.

Thread Information