Thread: waking up!!!!

waking up!!!!

i'm 27 and am just starting to get panic attacks
    i used to get them when I was younger but havent had any problems for yrs
    then about 6 months ago i started smokin pot again and on came the panic attacks
    so I stopped smoking the weed about a month ago but now i have DAILY anxiety mostly over health ( heart attacks, cancer from smokin) and the usual anxiety symptoms
    my anxiety is always worse in the morning when I wake up and continues for hours until I force myself to take a valium
    just wanted to know if you guys get the anxiety and panic as soon as your day starts

Re: waking up!!!!

I have been having that lately too... I just started a new job and every morning since I have been waking up in panic mode. Heart racing, palms sweating, it makes it hard to try to relax and put my make-up on and get dressed. It peaks the second I get to work and then seems to subside for the most part. It sucks though, it's like going from 0 to 80 in 2 seconds. i keep my ativan handy in case I can't calm down, but I only use it in "Emergency" LOL whatever that means, they all feel like an emergency to me, I just use them when I literally feel like I'm going to die if i don't calm down. Anyway I guess what I'm trying to say is, i feel your pain hang in there.

I am very anxious about my health, in fact I went to the doctors today and I've been seen by so many people this year, I felt a bit of a hypocondriac (sp?). I had a cancer scare a few years ago and that has made me very scared of cancer.

To calm your nerves get yourself checked out, explain your past habits. I'm pretty sure there is absolutely nothing wrong with you but getting checked out at the doctors is a great reasurance.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

My anxiety is always worse in the morning. I'm on anti -depressants and some days I have to take a valium to get my self moving and this make me feel guilty. This morning I literally had to force myself out the door to work and get into a taxi to get there, just couldn't face the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by jojomgeeee View Post
    i'm 27 and am just starting to get panic attacks
    i used to get them when I was younger but havent had any problems for yrs
    then about 6 months ago i started smokin pot again and on came the panic attacks
    so I stopped smoking the weed about a month ago but now i have DAILY anxiety mostly over health ( heart attacks, cancer from smokin) and the usual anxiety symptoms
    my anxiety is always worse in the morning when I wake up and continues for hours until I force myself to take a valium
    just wanted to know if you guys get the anxiety and panic as soon as your day starts
    I had alot of the same symptoms as you after I too started having panic attacks after smoking pot. You have to practice CBT therapy to change your way of thinking and they will get better.

My anxiety is worse in the mornings too,the minute I open my eyes it crashes in on me like a tidal wave. Not a good start to the day especially as the anxiety tends to hang around most of the day.

Anyone got any solutions????

Joy

I used to get the anx in the mornings on waking - worst thing ever. The heralding of a new day - and the thought of it not being a good day I suppose is the cause.

The posts I have read above from people who get themselves to work feeling high anxiety - I have to tell you I think you are very brave and you should give yourselves a pat on the back.

Tom ------ cbt; sorry have to say something here; when I am having a good day I don't need to change my thoughts. As much as I try - just can't see how cbt is the wonderful big shiny cure for anx. People rave so much about it - I kind of don't get it. Anyway it's something I should post under another heading I think.

I read an article in the new scientist about how sleep and dreaming as a lot to do with our emotions, and why we feel so terrible first thing in the mourning. So I ordered a book dealing with this subject, which should arrive in the mourning.

I've heard some claims in the past about quick cures, but the author insists that you can rid yourself from depression within 48 hours?
    If it's any good I'll post the link to Amazon. I'm not saying you are depressed, it's just that the book deals with how you can make yourself feel good when you awake in the mourning.

Thread Information