Thread: Strange sensations in chest

Strange sensations in chest

Hi all

I have had anxiety for around 7 months now and it seems to have been slowly getting better over the last 2 months.

I havent had an attack for months and havent really felt anxious for weeks.

What doesnt seem to want to go away though is the weird feelings I get in my chest. I wouldnt call them pains as they do not hurt and I dont think they are palpitations either although I do get them from time to time. I get a feeling as if something is gently sqeezing my heart, or that there is a weight on my chest. I also get a tickly feeling there too, its very strange.

I have had ecg's and a stress ecg and all tests proved ok. I am very concious of my heart and pulse rate now, just walking up the stairs and i feel my heart pounding away . The cardiologist said all is ok ( 4 months ago) but I just get this feeling that he was telling me what i wanted to hear as when I went for the appointment he was dismissive as soon as he saw that I was only 30 years old. My doc sent me there as I was worrying that I had angina, and the cardiologist said that my doctor was waisting my time and that I should of been sent to an anxiety clinic, and should be off climbing mountains instead of his running machine.

Does anyone else get the same symptoms when not feeling anxious?

Hi Sage - I get the tickly feeling in my chest, sometimes makes me want to cough - its palpatations and down to anxiety. I get them when I'm not anxious too, at the moment eating chocolate is causing them!!You've had lots of checks and your heart is fit and strong, what your feeling is down to anxiety, try not to think and worry about your heart and the sensations and I'm sure things will get better.
    Take Care
    Love Helen

Thanks for your reply Helen.

I had accepted the palpitations and the squeezing feeling was caused by anxiety but as I had been without these sensations and not felt anxious for such a long time, I started to feel that there might actually be something wrong with my heart as the palpitations and sqeezing feeling had returned without the anxious feeling.

Thanks, it helps to know somone else suffers this without having a heart condition.

Thread Information