Thread: chest/throat flutters- help

chest/throat flutters- help

sorry to post again but am having a really bad week after having a few good(ish) ones and getting new sypmtoms.

just wondering if anyone get's these like throat flutters alot. You can kind of feel them in the bit that dips in at the bottom of you neck and they make your breathing shaky and feel strange.

i'm totally freaking out with this because i dont know if it's my heart, or if i'm missing heartbeats but it has sometimes lasted ages, like an hour or so, and i just don't know - is it normal with anxiety to have a messed up heart rate for so long when not having a panic attack?

hope this makes sense and if anyone experiences similar please can they reply to put my mind at rest.

thanks all, linz x

hi yep i get this feeling. it normally happends to me when i stand up lie down or do exersize it feels like a strange feeling in your throat and feels like your heart is changing rythm at the same time. mine only ever last for at most 10 mins though

thanx, sometimes have had them for a short while too especially when laying down so that makes sense, i guess i get more worried in bed cos it kinda leaves a tickle in the back of my thraot and makes me cought a bit so maybe why it last a while.

Hi Linz,
    I sometimes get the throat flutters too, doesn't usually last very long though.
    Take care,
    LJ

palpatations
    Missed heartbeats!
    sorry for being silly....but....
    Palpitations? Reassurance needed and some answers!
    Missed heartbeat question again
    IS THERE ANYMORE I CAN DO????
    ectopic heart beats
    Doc made ectopic fear worse

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

thanks. links made me feel a bit better (except last one lol)

just still worried about breathing cos i have it in my head that ectopics and breathless is bad from somethign i read. Thing is i get taht many symptoms i just don't know anymore.

just wondered if anyone else gets the same kind of breathlessness as me. it kind of like an airblock in the throat which doesn't last ages but knocks the breath out of you. It feels like the breaths you breathout are weak and the ones you breath in are constricted. Ive had this feeling a little at the onset of a panic attack but never just laying there. does this sound familiar to anyone

thanks again linz, x

Linz.
    Reading your post has comforted me because as of the past couple of weeks this flutter sensation has become my biggest problem...the way I descibe it best is ( it feels like a kind of earthquake in my heart, and at the same time it affects my trhoat making me feeling someone has put a squeeze around it. followed by pressure in my chest, and then trouble breathing....ALL AT ONCE, it doesn't stay with me for hours, but I get this brief feeling a couple of times an hr...so it affects me all day. Does this sound similar? Please respond and let me know.

~Shannon~

yeah this sounds like what i have sometimes. Its very scary when you have all these things at once as it seems like something more sinister. I dont know exactly what it is cos ive had a similar feeling when ive had missed heartbeats ( which are normal if you have anxiety) ,and sometimes it feels like the earthquake thing for me but when i check my pulse my heart is fine so i guess that's excess adrenalin making me shaky in my chest. Reading through posts alot of people have similar flutter and shake problems but i'm definately similar to you in that it gets my chest throat and breathing all at once if that makes you feel any better. Also i don't think i had them for like an hour continuosly, more like on and off - i was more scared of them then as they were new to me so they seemed to be never ending, now when i have them i just try and breath through them and they tend to ease off.

i hope this helps ,if you wanna chat pm me.

take care, linz

Re: chest/throat flutters- help

I have this symptom right now :-( feel like my throat is going to close, keeps fluttering and jumpy heartbeat cant get a proper breath. Im so glad I found this on here

Thread Information