Thread: Floatation therapy make you feel good

Floatation therapy make you feel good

Best stress buster I found was the floatation tank, also helped me with anxiety and depression.

Floatations releases your body from the forces of gravity and induces a very similar effect to deep meditation, all without effort.

I have suffered badly over the last couple of years in a cycle of stress, and anxiety which led to sleepless nights, eczema, depression and IBS

I was recommended to try a floatation tank earlier this year, and I was pretty sceptical to say the least. Wow! what a shock I was in for, after just the first session, I got the best night’s sleep in years, my eczema actually got smaller and less irritable and my stomach much calmer. According to the people who run my local floatation centre, stress was the root of all my problems and the floatation tank, again according to them is one of the most powerful de-stressers known, and I have to agree.

After my second floatation session I was so relaxed afterwards I was almost in a state of total euphoria, with the sense of well being lasting for several weeks afterwards.

To cut a long story short, I use the floatation tanks once a month for the last 8 months, the stress in my life seems like a distant memory, my eczema is gone, my IBS is nearly nonexistent and 8 hours sleep is more likely than not.

I'd recommend everyone who suffers with any of the above to give it a couple of goes, you have nothing to lose and it's a lovely and dreamy experience, which might do you some good.

I went to http://www.floatworks.com and it's all explained far better here than I can

and this seems to be a UK list http://www.floatationtankassociation.net/

Re: Floatation therapy make you feel good

i've always thought they sound really interesting, are they quite large tanks? i worry that i might panic and get all claustrophobic and that i'd drown :s

Re: Floatation therapy make you feel good

That's the really weird thing - I was pretty aprehensive and nervous before I got there - I read instructions and they explained it verbally before I went in........ the funny thing is it was only when I closed the door and switched off the light that it became really big, almost like infinity.

It's not as small as you imagine and probably has the same amount of room as a small car, but with the light off and door closed it was like I was in an endless big sea.

Thread Information