Thread: tooth extraction

tooth extraction

hi, 3 weeks ago i had a back tooth removed, and it was very tricky and took alot of pulling and pushing and cutting out. i had a stitch in the wound which was meant to dissolve. i went back to the dentist two days later and got put on penicilin for a week. but a week ago i started to get swelling again around the area, i went to the dentist and yesterday, they took the stitch out which had not dissolved and put me on strong antibiotics. but whilst i was there they said it was very strange that it had not healed up yet, especially in a healthy young man! so now i have come away thinking that there is something wrong with my health that has caused it to not heal and get infected! can anyone help me out with any experiences they may of had that are similar? because im getting into a right state.

thankyou.x

Re: tooth extraction

I've had two wisdom teeth and two back molars removed. Each one has taken MANY weeks to heal. I was in a lot of pain and had a lot of swelling with the last molar that was removed. I would worry unduly about it. Gums take a while to get better.

x

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

hi honey i had the same problem as you get the dentist to re xray your mouth incase a bit of tooth broke off during extraction good luck xx

Hi Saintdee,
    I had a tooth out yesterday that went well and I did about 3 months ago it was the back molar omg i was in so much pain after .got infection thru my whole body...ect.....put me on stronger antibiotics and today still bothers me in ways.takes a longgggggg time for it too heal so please dont worry are you a smoker or drinker will take even longer...have you tried to gargle everyday w/salt water.........especailly molars take awile to heal especially if they pulled it when it was infected which there not suppose to do but sometimes do just makes it a longer prgress thats all like a i said mines been months and still feels weird just give it time...best to ya....Linda

ps .and like tracie said sometimes it can leave fragments of the tooth so maybe u should have another xray.........linda

Thread Information