Thread: antibiotic help

antibiotic help

Hi all,

I wrote earlier about how I had an ear infection...So they put me on an antibiotic. Its called omnicef ( at least thats what it is called in the US)I think the generic name for it is cefdinir. Anyway... I feel SO out of it today. Last night I was up until 3 am. I felt almost excited? But then I started panicking... my heart has been racing... and I feel quite nausous. Has anyone ever had an experience on this antibiotic? Or does anyone know anything about it? Am I finally going nuts this time???

"I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance, never settle for the path of least resistance... When you get the chance to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance"

"This too shall pass..."

Hi
    all i can tell you is that it is a broad spectrum antibiotic ( a cephalosporin) which is commonly used if infection is highly suspected or proven to be present, most often used for throat/ears and chest. It should be used in extreme caution in patients with suspected penicillin allergies and a reduced dose should be used in the presence of renal impairment. Most common side effects tend to be gastric upset, diarrhoea, stomach cramps and nausea with sometimes a rash, however everyone is different and i suggest that if your symptoms persist you should consult your doctor, the nausea could be the antibiotic and the rest perhaps the infection but your doc may wish to change your medication anyway. Try and ensure that you are drinking enough fluid and keeping your self warm, an ear infection can be a painful and lingering problem and im sure will make you feel miserable, let me know how youget on, oh and by the way im sure it tells you on the packet but dont take this medication at the same time as iron preperations or antacids/indigestion remedies, allow at least 2 hours between these different types of meds
    hope you feel better soon

I just want my life back
    nell
    x

Nell-

thanx so much for the reply. Sometimes it really just helps to know there is someone out there that cares... as opposed to just suffering alone in silence. I know that sounds dramatic... but it is sorta how I feel. Everyone is like you have been on antibiotics for 48 hours now, you are fine... but I feel so lousy. I am getting my ear rechecked today, so I am going to mention all of this to the doctor. Thanx again nell.

"I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance, never settle for the path of least resistance... When you get the chance to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance"

"This too shall pass..."

you will always find someone to respond to you on here,let me know what your doc says, good luck

I just want my life back
    nell
    x

Thread Information