Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milton Sterilising fluid

Milton Sterilising fluid

Hi there everyone

Okay so there I was in Tesco and saw it on the self a bottle of Milton Sterilising fluid for £1, yes just £1 so throwing caution to the wind I approach it and see that it has a "New Fresh Fragrance" so now I am excited no more bleach fragrance how nice. So approach till, and purchase the fluid, really excited I speed home (okay okay some poetic licence allowed here)on reaching my house I think, "no come on, be patient, you have no time for cleaning wait until your friend arrives, that way you can pretend you are house proud" so obeying my alter ego I stash the goods in the cupboard, ready to surprise my unsuspecting guest. The days fly by as I await the chance to use this new frangranced Milton.

She arrives, we eat and I wash up, I notice my sink has a somewhat unpleasant odour and so I think "Wahaaay, here's my chance, I can use my new fragraned Milton," so with a deftness equal to harry houdinis escapes I produice the fluid, and surpise my unsuspecting guest with my desire to do some cleaning, with baited breath I spray the fluid and...........yes, sure enough, it is a fresh new frangrance and we liked it so much I decided to practically dismantle kitchen to clean and any area that could be sprayed got sprayed so now I have the cleanest and most bacteria free kitchen in the whole of the country. Hop eyou all enjoyed this story and I can see you all now rushing out to buy some!!!

LOL Stargazer!

I searched Sainsburys for it but don't seem to stock it. See - now I'm hooked too

Karen xx

Re: Milton Sterilising fluid

I'll get you some as a present how about that! Your birthday present LOL! and to make it extra special I'll get you the wipes too, though they don't have to same smell

Well that story will please my little bleach mad friends Karen, Lisa and Happyone!!

I myself will be content with applying abit to a cloth and leaving it there so people can smell it and think I'm very clean, while I will be lounging on the settee watching Big Brother and eating pringles!!

Love Piglet

Lol Stargazer

Lol Piglet - I don't use bleach in my cleaning frenzy's though Well I use it rarely down the loo and VERY rarely elsewhere like plugholes but that's all. I only use natural unscented products in general lol. I thought Milton stuff was for baby's bottles anyway

Lisa x
    Last edited by Quirky; 09-06-07 at 00:21.

LOL! Thanks for the present Stargazer!

Unlike Lisa, I use bleach everywhere, particularly in the bin and a double dose if the bin has crumbs in it .

Karen xx

I am so very fortunate to have a 24 hour Tesco near me!!

I love my 'dettox' with a passion that will rival yours for this new milton. However, my mother abhors the stuff and says it reminds her of something unpleasant that I can't quite recall at the moment, and her being a fairly frequent presence in my house, I do have to consider her!

Yet, my jitters when I am cooking if she is in the house resemble a mental state of near breakdown as I can't use my 'dettox' (actually they changed its name back to dettol again) and have to use Mr Muscle instead which I don't have the same faith in and I don't lke the smell! (Incidentally, don't use Cillit Bang on white things, it can turn them lilac!)

So, an end may be near, I may be allowed to pursue my odd food prep habits and not upset my mother and stop worrying that this is it, this is the day that my mother calls the doctors and asks them to take me away.

I am inclined to go to Tesco now, but I am in my pj's, my hair is standing up on end (does anyone get up with hair in the morning that doesn't resemble something pre historic?) and besides, I have only had 2 cups of tea so far and I need 3 before I can even shower! (yep, I know caffeine is bad for me but I am hooked!)

Happyone
    xx

I've been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.
    —Mark Twain

Lol Happyone!

I'm with your Mum on the dettol/dettox - it smells evil! Then again anything scented makes me wheeze! The smell of that reminds me of when I was a kid though and I'd vomited and dettol was used to clean the area!

I don't actually clean my kitchen that obsessively really, it's more hand washing with me lol.

Lisa x

LOL at the Dettox! I obsessively use it to clean my kitchen - but of crumbs rather than worrying about hygiene obsessively

Karen xx

Why don't we have a 'milton' party?
    You know like decorating parties but 'miltoning'?
    We could have it at mine (my hubby can come and get you all, distance no object!!!) cos I had a problem with ants last year cos of crumbs, so you Karen could deal with that, stargazer, it seems you like to do the whole monty thing and clear out cupboardsetc so you can do that and I will prepare the food in my most peculiar way, knowing that everything is clean and germ free. Lisa, you can advise on veggie dishes cos you know so much more about it than me and Piglet, you can just laugh at us all, do some crystal healing and finish off with reflexology on our miltoned feet!
    Sorry for hijacking your thread here stargazer hun, it is just that the whole milton thing has my imagination going into overdrive!

happyone
    xx

I've been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.
    —Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information