Thread: Chest Pain

Chest Pain

Hello people, Iam new to the forum and have a question to ask, I have been suffering from anexiety for about a year and Iam always worried about something going wrong with my heart, I have chest pain quite often which was usually on the left side of my body but now its right at the centre of my chest which concerns me more, the chest pain follows with my left arm feeling numb having twigling feeling all around my body, becoming breathless and cold sweat all at the same time, I have been to A&E about 7 times had the ecg and blood tests which all came back normal. What I want to know is that is this normal with someone thats suffering from anexiety, as I sometimes think the doctors have missed out something.
    Sorry about having a long post as Iam new to this also hope everyone gets better

Re: Chest Pain

Hi,

I suffer from chest pains due to anxiety, I've been to A&E too many times to mention in the past year and had the ususal tests and nothing was found. I even had an ECHO and a Holter Monitor, and STILL nothing found. Anxiety can cause all sorts of symptoms, including chest pain. I get it on the left, centre and right side, sometimes it's a sharp pain, sometimes a niggling pain that doesn't go away for hours.

You've obviously been checked out and therefore it's very safe to say that your chest pain originates from anxiety. I know it's tough to believe, I still struggle myself from time to time but as long as you have been checked out then you shouldn't worry. Have faith in the doctors that have told you that you are fine.

So all in all it IS normal to get chest pain from anxiety, all that muscle tensing and overbreathing takes it's toll on the body, including the chest area. So try to relax, maybe go and speak with your GP about your concerns he/she might be able to give you the reasurrance that you need.

Take Care

Re: Chest Pain

Ella thank you so much for your reply, I could say that it made my day I feel more convinced now, I know its hard to not to believe in what the doctors say but when the chest pain comes it feels worrying I have been to my gp and as soon as I say that I have anxiety he wont even listen to me and shows me the door, thanks again for the reply

Thread Information