Thread: Im scared to go to work because of how i FEEL

Im scared to go to work because of how i FEEL

Im scared to go into work all the time incase i faint or loose control all i wanna do all day evryday is stay at home where i know il be safer if something does happen.

Also how is it right for anxiety and panic sufferes to feel so CRAP everyday the constant lighheadedness and stiffness in back of eyes TENSION is just getting me down i sometimes hear ringing too which makes me think im about to faint so i get scared thinking im gonna die. MAN all this thinking is doing my head in

CAN ANYONE RELATE

Hi katy hun,

Its not fair people like us suffer like this but there is light at the end of the tunnel there really is.
    I remember when i first went through depression/anxiety & how crap i felt but believe me you do get stronger it just takes time.
    Your definantly doing the right thing in talking about how you feel, its when people stop talking or do'nt, you can get so much support on here it really is so good for the soul.

Keep Positive.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
    In & Out Of Your Life
    But Only True Friends
    Will Leave Footprints
    In Your Heart

so u do honestly think that my symptoms sound like anxiety and panic because somtimes i think its not

Yes i honestly do hun.

The Claire Weekes books as jackie recommends will help so much.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
    In & Out Of Your Life
    But Only True Friends
    Will Leave Footprints
    In Your Heart

katy, get yourself a copy of claire weekes book, self help for your nerves from the site above and realise that this is all part of nervous illness, and learn how to accept these fears and learn to move on from the fear. learn how to do things even through your fear and to let time pass til they are there no more.

all these fears are shared by many of us, but dont let them fear you into staying at home. claire weekes book essential help for your nerves talks oof many people tricked into agraphobia due to nervous illness, and many case studies shows how she helped people just like you recover.

you are not alone, so do not feel as though you are
    jackie

Reading for sufferers of Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD.

hi katy sorry your finding work difficult.i can totoally relate to your symptoms im feeling the same right now and its freaking me out .like u i find it hard to beleive its anxiety.i spoke to my doc yesterday and he says its nervous tension.i suppose if u think how uptight we are all the time its no wonder we feel like this some days.take some rest and try to do some deep breathing it will help.people used to say to me all the time deep breathings the answer and i used to think how is that going to help.but ive been going to classes to learn proper breathing and find if i do it regularly it does help.ive not been doing it the last week and im feeling bad again.so it must work.you are not alone in this marcia xx

i have to do it for my kids if not for myself marciaxx

Hi Katy

I can totally relate to how you are feeling just like everyone else on the forum. All your symptoms are anxiety related and nothing more. Anxiety can make you feel almost any symptom you can think of and the symptoms are frighteneing and unpleasant but they will not harm you in anyway. It is your bodies way of dealing with too much stress and telling you to slow down and take better care of yourself.

You will gain a huge amount of information from this site on what the symptoms mean and how you can start to help yourself feel better. As marcia said, ensure that you are breathing properly and take a good Vitamin B complex which you can buy from Holland & Barratt. Read the coping techniques on the home page of the site as there is lots of good tips to help you feel better.

Take care and try and relax each day with some breathing techniques and positive affirmations.

sadie

Katy

Unfortunately hiding away will not help you long term so you need to start making small changes to help yourself.

If you are off work then use the time wisely to get better and don't hide away please.

Nicola

Thread Information