Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tingling on my face and head

PS : If anyone would like to PM me on any symptoms, I would be grateful as I think that there is something wrong with me everyday and it can get really tiring.

Ta
    Sal x

I too feel like a weight has been lifted, I was awake all last night with head tingling, it was driving me mad! I have it right now however as I was reading some of the explanations it seemed to fade as though it thought 'oh damn, now you know what I am'!

I do find it sort of extends to other areas to tho, I feel as though a greenfly or money spider has landed on me and get an odd 'crawling' feeling! That too drives me mad!

I am putting it down to splitting with my fella of 6 yrs at Xmas and buying him out of the house which has been soooo stressful. I had a breakdown and have recovered from that but the anxiety/panic has been triggered again. I've dealt with it before and i WLL do it again!

[8D]

Re: Tingling on my face and head

Hi all
    I get tingling in my face just like if i have been to the dentist and my face is returning to normal after having a jab to deaden it. Manily on my cheeks and it feels like the skin is being streached and it burns like its on fire.
    I also get the numbness in my hands and feet
    I have put it down to periods though as it always seems to happen just before and durning this time Usually last for about a week

Does any one else have this happen>???

I Am A New Member Also And Have The Same Syptoms As You Do Not Worry As They Just Come And Go .my Doctor Put Me On Calcium And Magnesium And As Helped Good Luck Terry.

i have also been having pins and needles in my face and it scared me alot i thought i was having a stroke or something which then causes me to have a panic attack. i also get pains in my cheast which also scare me to, i have been to the doctors so many times and they say i'm healthy and my bloods are ok. but i also think there r things wrong with me.

i have also been having pins and needles in my face and it scared me alot i thought i was having a stroke or something which then causes me to have a panic attack. i also get pains in my cheast which also scare me to, i have been to the doctors so many times and they say i'm healthy and my bloods are ok. but i always think there r things wrong with me.

I get tingling of the face and lips too - I am glad to read that it is most likely anxiety! I am such a worrier - although sometimes it happens when I am just sitting watching telly and not in an anxious situation. Maybe my breathing is wrong at those times

Hi Sal

I too get these tingling feelings and pins and needles as well as numbness in my legs and wrists. A few years ago a very clever dr diagnosed it as anxiety and not a serious illness as I had thought it might be. It is due to overbreathing, which you tend to do when anxious. When you overbreathe you breathe in more than you breathe out and CO2 builds up in your bloodstream - this 'overdose' of CO2 causes the symptoms you describe. The way to cure it is to find a way to stop being so anxious and also to calm your breathing. I believe there are breathing excercise you can do and I'm going to look into these. Try to breathe out at least as much as you breathe in!

Good luck! x

I cannot even begin to explain how relieved I am to have found this webpage and this post specifically. I have been having a tingling sensation in the back of my head (just above my neck) for 3-4 days now.

It goes away when I am distracted, so it must be anxiety, but when I think about it too much it gets worse and I'm scared I am going to die because I know that the back of the head is where the cerebellum is located. I know it's anxiety, but I have been home by myself scared for the past few days.

I am so glad to hear that so many other people have these symptoms and I cannot wait for it to go away. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it stop? It's driving me crazy. Right now I have a headband on and the pressure makes the tingling go away, its only when I have it off that I feel it.

I'm about to try to distract myself with a computer game, but when I'm alone I can't help but think of it.

Have had tingling in my lips and head and face quite often.
    A few months ago I was convinced it was really bad when I dyed my hair and have panicked so much I dare not dye my hair any more which I am finding hard to deal with as I have dyed my hair blonde for over 30 years and now have horrible looking hair with loads of black roots and am thinking of having to wear a wig

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information