First of hi all.
Im a 29 male who started suffering from anxiety attacks just under 2 years ago now which was mostly heart worries.I was put on propanolol and eventually citolopram which the latter helped very well.About seven mo th ago i came off both after i had got the better of it.
Now onto my new problem
Over the weekend there i had my second occurence in 3 month where i feel my heart has stopped for 4/5 second.It starts with me feeling really weird then light headiness and vision going blurry.As soon as i felt the light headiness over the weekend i tried to feel pulse(which im now expert at) and im 99% sure there was no pulse for about 4/5 seconds which also comes along with short breathness .Then i felt my heart beating really fast for about 10 seconds and eventually slowing down to its normal rate,although i felt real weak and drained of colour for about 5 minutes afterwards and was slightly shaking.
Now when i used to have my anxiety worries i never felt any of the effects i have felt on the two occasions mentioned above.I have an appointment with my GP on Weds but i know for a fact they will simply say panic/anxiety attack and send me on my way with a prescript for old meds.
I have looked up a little on skipped heartbeats and related info but to be honest its making me feel worse.
Also i know that panic attacks can make you think that your heart has stopped momentarily but i on these occasions im am sure it did.
Thanks for taking time out and any help is appreciated.