Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fluoxetine diary!

Re: Fluoxetine diary!

yeah I was already doing meditation and art and I already walk everywhere. I'll just see what the gp says. I'm on week 9 now.

8 weeks

So it's been about 8 weeks now and there have been developments! Weeks 5-7 were good - I was sleeping through the night, had no anxiety and generally felt great. It was lovely. Then for some reason, last week my anxiety started to heighten, sleep started to go downhill and today I've been awake since 3.30am :(
    I spoke to my doc and I'm going to bump up to 40mg (on 20mg currently). Hopefully that little extra kick is what I need! Disturbingly, the diarrhoea has come back too. It was a nightmare for about a month but it went away! And now it's back. Awesome.

Welp, I'm going to start the 40mg dose tomorrow so I'll keep posting about how THAT goes! Sigh.
    Last edited by LizzieEC; 09-10-17 at 13:32.

12 weeks

So, it's been 3 months of popping pills every day and thankfully, I'm back to feeling good again. This only happened in the past few days, though. Until then the insomnia was back to being a real problem and I felt pretty rubbish. I will say, though, not as bad as I did when this whole thing started - although I couldn't sleep I wasn't nearly as stressed and upset about it as I was before starting the fluoxetine.

So anyway, for the moment at least, the fluoxetine is doing its job! Whew. I just feel light and happy and things aren't stressing me out unnecessarily. It's a nice feeling! I hope it lasts as when I was on 20mg I had a couple of weeks like this and then it all went downhill again. However, I'll remain optimistic.

Not sure if or how many people are reading this, especially with the very sporadic updates, but hopefully it will be encouraging to anyone who is still struggling!

Thank you for your updates! I have been taking Fluoxetine 20mg for the past 8 days. I suffer from anxiety but it seems to have worsened over the last few days. Just worried about everything. I have also not been eating right and have had numerous trips to the loo. Hoping things improve soon. I really want to give this medication a chance.

Thanks for the diary. I’m just going to start my meds and it is good to read your story.

Thanks for your diary as i went through it. I started week 8 and from last 3 or 4 days i am constantly anxious and down from no where. Tough currently there is no stress and even i am relaxed at work too but this came out of no where and making me worst in mood and constantly on edge. My doc asked to double the dose to make it 40mg that i am not doing. Did increasing ur dose work for u in week 8?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information