Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to cope whilst awaiting therapy.

Re: How to cope whilst awaiting therapy.

I'd just feel like a really bad parent taking that from her. It would literally leave her with nothing but a colouring book and a few craft items.

I feel completely torn, my relatives think I'm too strict and tell her off all the time, therapists think I'm not strict enough and just let her do what she likes.

I just want to be a good parent, but at the same time not allow my child to do what they like.

That's why it'd be great at showing her how serious the need to be a tidy person is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee84 View Post
    Hmm I'm not sure... what to do! The internet is all kids need now so the TV didn't matter. Maybe use the kindle? That sounds like it'll get the message across?

How about setting aside a weekend where you both sit down and have a massive clear out where all her unused toys are thrown out or donated?
    Maybe it is the only option now. She doesn't even have internet access so I couldn't even restrict that. She just spends all her spare time reading her Kindle.

She doesnt have toys or anything anymore. I've binned quite a bit today such as used crafts, jigsaws with missing pieces etc, so there is a little bitmore room. I also took her Kindle from her tonight and made her sort some stuff out as I couldn't tell which clothes were clean or dirty.

---------- Post added at 21:53 ---------- Previous post was at 21:48 ----------

That's why it'd be great at showing her how serious the need to be a tidy person is.
    I just don't know how she doesnt already see this. My whole family are clean freaks and whilst I'm not obsessed with being tidy I am a tidy person. You'd think it would come naturally when you are seeing other peoples houses virtually spotless.

I'm glad you've taken action! Maybe she's not as aware or bothered about her surroundings because she's lost in books? I hope it works!

I'm glad you've taken action! Maybe she's not as aware or bothered about her surroundings because she's lost in books? I hope it works!
    That may be true. She is always reading. Even prior to getting her Kindle as she has a small book shelf full of books

Yes me too seriously you are good parent but now you mean business Now you have a effective tool at your disposal Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information