Thread: half life

half life

Does anyone know off hand the half life of these?

Re: half life

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas75 View Post
    Does anyone know off hand the half life of these?
    The elimination half-life of clonazepam is about 40 hours (range-19-60 h), but the distribution half-life, which determines how long the therapeutic response lasts, is much less so it is usually only effective for 6-12 hours.

Thanks PDU. Yet another attempt at finding something to help me sleep. To be honest I find they dont really do much for sleep. A bit more relaxed but not much else. No tablet can help relieve the grief of losing a brother who was so young, Tablets cant heal the pain or grief one feels at a time like this. All I would like to say is F***k I am so sad about it. Excuse the language.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas75 View Post
    Yet another attempt at finding something to help me sleep. To be honest I find they dont really do much for sleep.
    Benzodiazepines aren't good sleeping pills even when they do work as tolerance to the sedation tends to build rapidly, often within a couple of weeks.

No tablet can help relieve the grief of losing a brother who was so young, Tablets cant heal the pain or grief one feels at a time like this.
    My condolences on your loss, Greg.

I think things will improve once the anxiety and depression are under control.

Thanks for the condolences PDU, its an aweful time. I think I will just stick with the anafranil. It does work most nights its jusy I tend to wake up a lot during the night. I will stick is out as its only been 3 weeks at 75mgs morning and night so its early days. I dont get panic attacks or anxiety attacks like before its mainly depression. So I hope anafranil will helo with that. I agree the benzo route is clearly not the way foward. I dont feel like going through benzo withdrawels either. You give some pretty wise advice and I appreciate your repkies. Thanks,

Thread Information