Thread: propranolol

propranolol

Hi, My daughter has just been prescribed propranolol for anxiety the beta-blocker. I have never been prescribed a beta-blocker, so could anyone give any feedback, effects etc they have experienced on this med please. Thanks Vernon

hi vernon i was on propanalol a few years ago .all it did for me was slow my heart beat down.but ive known a few people on it and it seems to help.as far as i no as long as your daughter is not asthmatic it will be fine.i dont think it is addictive maybe meg will be able to tell you more hope this helps take care marcia

marcia lowe

Hi Vernon,

I have been on these for a few week now as I was experiencing a racing heart from the moment i woke up and fluttering.

At first i was on 10mg in morning and eve and am now on 10mg 3 times a day and i can honestly say they have realy really help, Ive not had a full blown PA since been on them (touch wood) and although i can still somtimes feel my heart racing, it definatly aleviates it no end.

I havnt experienced any bad side effects, the only thing was that i felt a little sick on them for the forst week or so.

Hope your daughter gets on ok with these

Tatty B xx

Hi there, I have been taking propranolol for about 3 weeks now. No side effects, It just slows your heart rate down to avoid you getting into a state! I take mine whenever i think i may be very anxious- ie school holidays! I think its used a lot for stage fright to. Hope it helps your daughter.

Kind regards, India.

Thanks all

Hi Verny,

Snap, my daughter takes them too for stress/anxiety after having a little patch of burning the candle at both ends (she's 19).

I don't think she takes hers daily but just when or if she feels her heart racing and she hasn't reported any side effects.

I however took them for a little while years ago and they made me feel well sluggish so I stopped.

Piglet xxx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

i am on them and i am 25 i found them really helpfull please pm me or anything if you would like to know anything.

amanda. x

Thread Information