Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nicotine Replacement Therapy

Nicotine Replacement Therapy

Hi have woken up with pain in my lungs after smoking 20 a day for about nine years and have finally decided that I'd like to quit.

My friend quit smoking a few years ago and always says you should never use nicotine replacement therapy as it won't work, but I like the idea of trying it. I've used an inhalator before and lasted three weeks, but it was for psychological reasons that I went back, rather than physical ones. The idea of using NRT makes it all seem less overwhelming and scary to me so I really want to use this method but is it true what my friend says that it won't work? The idea of not using NRT and going cold turkey puts me off! But knowing my friend, she'll actually get annoyed at me for using it! (And I always find this incredibly irritating and then I just want to start smoking again to make her p*** off!!!)

So I was just wondering if anyone has had success with NRT?

Re: Nicotine Replacement Therapy

hiya,yes i used nrt and quit for 3 years,why make it harder for yourself if theres help out there...ive had a blip last couple of months and im determined to stop again now!!! if you want a quit buddy id really appreciate it!! pm me if you fancy it xx

or we can just keep a quit togetha on here x

Hi Bexy, yeah that would be ace! My boyfriend's doing it at the same time as me but he's going cold turkey. I'd like to talk to someone doing it the same way as me!

Did you find it hard to wean off the NRT last time or is it quite easy? What kind of NRT do you use?

hiya, i used patches and lozzies,must admit that never came off lozzies!!hence me finding it so easy to start smokeing again!! so this time i want to it properly and wean off!!! go to your local chemist,you can get everything free if you do the programme with them! keep me updated and we will do it at same time x

Ooo! I had no idea you could do it for free! I was always annoyed at how much NRT costs! I'm starting on Saturday, I think. Had you set a date?

asap really!! got to knock them on the head again properly!!! its all free if you go to your chemist and do it with them!!! keep me posted x

Hi
    Im stopping smoking tonight going to have my last cig befoe I go to bed tonight but im realy nervous becouse when i have a panic attack the first thing I reach for is my cigs. Ive got 12 weeks worth of patches so fingers crossed that we all succeed x

I've tried and failed to stop smoking. I was in denial for a while, 'I'm not addicted' etc!
    Now I definitely don't smoke as much, if I'm just sat at home it won't bother me, it's when I'm out and about and more so than ever at work stupid place!

One word of warning about NRTs, you HAVE to be commited to wanting to stop. I wasn't and it didn't help me.

i started patches before christmas and ive not smoked since i have to admit there are days i would really like one but its not worth the coughing and anxiety ect xxxxxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information