Thread: What is going on? Tender Spots On Head with Pain In The Head?

What is going on? Tender Spots On Head with Pain In The Head?

I don't know whats going on but last night I noticed that I touched a spot on my scalp and it made my head hurt deep within it. Over the coarse of the night it would hurt on its on even though I had not touched it..

The only thing that I can think of is I put my hair in a pony tail yesterday and wondered if the stress on my hair made my scalp hurt.. Its still hurting today.. also I went to sleep really early last night. It was almost like I couldn't stay awake..

Today I got up and it had snowed during the night and we are expecting a lot more tonight.. I wonder if the weather has anything to do with my scalp hurting and head hurting and sleeping early..? Anyway have any thoughts please advise?????????????????????????

Re: What is going on? Tender Spots On Head with Pain In The Head?

Hi there,

I've had similar experiences on my scalp, the pain feels like an extreme dull ache all through my head. I get the odd tender spot appear when feeling stressed or anxious.

I first noticed this when in shower and touched head and for nearly a week after it was still tender to the touch. I was thinking all sorts of things that could be wrong.

One thing to remember is the head/scalp has a lot of nerve endings and the slightest touch can create a pain that seems to resonate through to other parts.

Try not to worry to much, after 2 years of thinking I had more wrong with me than was really there, I learnt that often the simplest explanation is the correct one.

If it continues though, and you're still a little worried by it, book an appointment with your doctor, this often give the re-assurance we all need that all is ok.

Take care,
    Jason

PS: If you have not already done so, check out the symptoms section on the left menu of this site, then scroll to a section near bottom called "Muscles, muscle tension, stiffness, muscle twitching, tight scalp or neck"
    Last edited by Jaymondo; 30-10-09 at 01:51.

Re: What is going on? Tender Spots On Head with Pain In The Head?

IM not sure what it was.. it stayed for a few days.. I have had this happen off and on in my life and it was probably nothing but I hate weird stuff I can't explain.. I get enough already and well it was bothering me.. I figured it was really nothing but then again had to find out if someone else felt this way. Thanks for answering me. Take care..

Thread Information