Thread: Lymph nodes?

Lymph nodes?

Hi guys,

The rational side of me is sure that this is nothing, but still I have come for a bit of reassurance, since deep inside, I'm terrified.

Basically yesterday or the day before I noticed a little infection type thing on my upper gum, on top of a molar. Now even I am not crazy enough to worry about this, however, earlier today I also noticed a small grape sized very movable lump right under my jaw on the same side. It's very slippery and hard to hold onto and I can only feel it by tilting my neck forward and poking behind the jaw with my fingers. There doesn't seem to be one on the other side.

Since I know some of you have experience of feeling your lymph nodes, does this sound like one? I'm terrified that it is something else, and of course my first choice is some kind of malignant lump.

Please let me know what you think

Sylvie

Sylvie

I have had one exactly the same since my 20's. I am 40 now. It has always been there and I don't think it is anything to worry about.

Now you have reminded me about mine I keep playing with it lol.

Hope that reassures that you are not alone and I don't think it is anything sinister as like I said mine has been there for years and years.

Nicola

I've got one on my jaw line that has always been slightly raised. It is quite possible it is a lymph node, and these can become raised because of local infection - could be reacting to the infection you have on your gum maybe? I don't know, I'm no expert here, but would think that would make sense.

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, lymph nodes go up and down all the time. Just keep an eye on it.

A couple of years ago my little boy had a raised lymph node on his neck, it was huge, really protruding and scared the life out of me. I was told to measure it and keep an eye on it for 2 weeks (by which time it had disappeared).

Hope this helps,
    Caroline

I also have an enlarged moveable lymph node in my neck, both sides I think, and another one under and far back the right side of my jaw but the left. When I told a doctor about this he told me he'd had an enlarged lymph node on his neck for the last 20 years.

It's a lymph node without question!

Thread Information