Thread: Does this make us worse?

Does this make us worse?

Do you feel that reading to many other peoples stories puts more ideas in our heads and opens up more thoughts and worries and imprints these in our heads?

Re: Does this make us worse?

Yes I must admit I wondered this yesterday. I did a search on my problem which I am having at the moment and then saw a post where someone thought that they may have pancreatic cancer so I worried myself silly about this then all night. I do find a lot of posts helpful though, its comforting to know that you aren't on your own because when I go to the doctors I feel so silly and that I shouldn't really be there taking appointments from people that really are ill.

I try my best to keep away from the Health Anxiety section because I am bad enough as it is. I don't completely dismiss it though because there is a chance that I could comfort someone there who has posted something needing reassurance.

yes i think we need to be careful about knowing people are hear that have the same thing and over reading. i myself are completely guilty of this but was just a thought the other day if this all subcpnciously makes us worse.

I think I am the opposite. I have never felt worse or more anxious after reading things on here. After I first started with anxiety, I was at the doctors everyday with some new ailment and that was beofre I found this site. I have had every test and blood work you can imagine and knew there was nothing wrong with me other than anxiety. I guess I had a head start when I found this site. I used to google too and that was the worst. When I used to get a symptom I would look on here to see who had felt the same way and it actually made me feel better to know I wasnt alone in something.

I can so sympathise with you, especially today, as I have had the same feeling that searching on this site can almost be like googling! (I could now have gallstones, etc etc etc)
    I have decided it is much better to just post a question, rather than search
    for an answer through older posts.
    x

I just like knowing that there are a lot of people out there who experience fears and thoughts I have and may not be close in context but no ones fears are worse than anothers we are all scared and we need this outlet to re assure ourselves that we are not alone even though that sounds so corny its true...

Thread Information