Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone not worked for years due to severe sa?

Anyone not worked for years due to severe sa?

I was just wondering if there was anyone out there who hasn't worked for years because there sa is so severe. I've been on income support for sick benefit for years now cos I'm very crippled with sa and clinical depression. I'd love to hear from others in the same boat. I hope I'm not all alone.

Re: Anyone not worked for years due to severe sa?

Quote Originally Posted by saffy View Post
    I was just wondering if there was anyone out there who hasn't worked for years because there sa is so severe. I've been on income support for sick benefit for years now cos I'm very crippled with sa and clinical depression. I'd love to hear from others in the same boat. I hope I'm not all alone.
    Hi Saffy,

I haven't worked for like nearly 5 years, due to the depression and anxiety. You are not alone.

Anita.

I am also currently not able to work due to the severity of my social anxiety. My last job was about 10 years ago and I had to leave because of my SA. Although I have been a student for a few years I would like to get back into employment. But I would need to work towards it as I don't feel ready at present.

never

Can I just ask how you can get benefits for SA?

Surely there are jobs that you could do that would not mean you had to interact with people?

Have the doctors not done anything to help with the underlying problem at all?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Heyy. I've been unemployed for a year
    and a half because of it solely. It started at work
    when the managers and co workers were just a nightmare.
    they loved making a habit of purposefully humiliating me.
    and would laugh at me an what not. But it doesn't get better
    When you " take time off" . I see a therapist now
    And basically just had to kick myself into action again.
    Its extremely hard. But I have an interview today.
    That's why I'm on here :3

my social anxiety was really severe from age 8 and am lucky to have found paroxetine which helps and to have been forced by jobcentre into a charity shop which has helped me find myself in a way. Though even still i feel it all the time.

I have been on benefits on and off for donkey years. I'm only 33 and to be honest i get embarressed telling people as they looking at me like i am a bum. BUt i'm not i just genuinely have illness that basicly takes over my life. Yu not along lovely. Its really hard especially when you think your being judged as some people can be very ignorant.

Every days a fight with nyour inner pain and dificulties.
    I totally see your point off you lovely and huge hug as you are not alone.xxxxxxxx

Saffy
    ps

I'm not sure what S.A benefit is. But i have been claiming Higher rate incapacity benefit for well over 7years. with small breaks of work before that then back on benefit!

Its not your fault your not well so please don't think your any less of a person because your not working, society has a great way of making people feel guilty about this. Get your help if you want it when your ready. Try not to be to hard on yourself , your only human.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lol it is so good to see others in the same boat as me.
    Don't you hate it when people ask you what you do, meaning what job.
    I feel like telling no I'm too mad to work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information