Thread: heartburn and wind

heartburn and wind

Hi guys, latley i have been suffering from trapped wind and really bad heartburn, i get every fortnight or so its driving me mad. Also i get this nausea feeling and rumbelling tummy although i have eaten. it feels like i need to burp but all i get is acid reflux [Ugh].

I would love it if anyone else has this on a regular basis.

Thanks Anna

Hi there,
    Funny how I opened your post because that is how I have been feeling.
    Bloated, gassy and rumbling through my intestines. My stomach today at work felt like someone had inserted a big ball of gas in my stomach and I felt like I was going to be sick. I also have been feeling out winded because of it. I have been experiencing little pains in my stomach as well as my right side which is either liver or gallbladder.
    The more worry the more tummy problems......it is endless.
    !

TT

TT

hi anna,
    i suffer from these symptoms when i am anxious. meg suggested drinking tonic water and it has really helped me. it makes me burp it all out and really settles the tummy.
    hope that helps!
    henri x

Anna

If over the counter remdies and simple recommendations don't significantly help you then its time to visit the doctor and get something more effective.

When we're nervous we do produce more internal gas plus more acid.

It is important to eat regularly to use this up but if you're getting lots of burning reflux or real radiating pain then there are effective medications that can help, plus maybe having an investigation to check it out.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi Anna,

I get heartburn nearly everyday and it really worries me too.

I have started to get indegestion alot worse since have anxiety too.

Sal x

Hi Guys

I am here with a positive, thanks to taking Meg's advice (eventually!) there is help regarding this problem.

Like you, when I first started with anxiety I would blow up like a puffa fish with air. Always had heartburn and it was generally getting worse. I was petrified to go to the docs (was it cancer, liver, gallstones etc) so avoided going, did not change my diet, did not stop drinking and low and behold my poor tummy one night said enough and decided to have a bleed on me...DON'T all panic, it was not life threatening in anyway just a wake up call to accept that anxiety long term had taken its toll on me.

Long story short, a trip to the doctors and a four week course of Losec and after just four days all of the pain, wind and symptoms had gone. I have not had to take gavicon or any other medications either. I have still had the odd bout of indegestion (usually after eating a big meat meal as losec stops you producing too much acid.) but nothing like before where I was having it on a daily basis and it was waking me in the night etc.

The Losec is just helping to give my tum time to heal. I have been told that if it returns after I stop taking the Losec I may need further tests to make sure that I have not given myself an ulcer - even if I have it is easily treated and with the changes I have made to my diet and by seriously reducing alcohol it is getting better.

I think you would know yourself if it is a serious issue, heartburn a couple of times a week or after certain trigger foods is totally normal but daily, waking you at night, serious nausea (if uncommon to you) and in my case black stools (sorry!) should not be ignored - especially when it can be treated so easily.

Take care all.

Angie

Thread Information