Decided to see my doctor yesterday about my bad back and my anxiety symtoms with having the feeling to go the toilet (frequent urination), which I have had lot's of times over the years with this anxiety.

He checked me over and said it looks like i have pulled a muscle in my back and then asked me to do a urine sample, which my wife passed me a bottle to use, which she had at home.

He dipsticked the urine sample and said no infection but traces of blood and he would like me to come back in two weeks and do another dipstick test etc.

I have never had this before and i went back to work feeling very low etc and thinking how do i get through the next two weeks with this on my mind.

Then in the afternoon, my wife phoned me up and said she thinks she passed me the wrong bottle, which she passed me a used the bottle which weeks ago she used because of having long belts of bleeding (period), which the doctor then tipped down the sink and passed my wife back, which she then rinsed it out and put it away.

Because of this mistake, could the traces of blood be from my wife still be present in the bottle, even though she rinsed it out etc? I'm just hoping this is the reason and I'm trying to think positive etc because the traces of blood in my urine has worried me about having the deaded "c".