Thread: If Im not worrying I find something new to worry about!

If Im not worrying I find something new to worry about!

Hi All,

I am up and down at the moment, I can get over worrying about one thing to then find something else to worry about. My husband is getting sick of having to reaasure me all the time. I wish he knew that I cant help the way I am :(

I am going through a period of feeling around my body for something, surely if i was really ill i wouldnt have to look for something! I am going crazy! wish i could wake up and just get on with my life and not have a worry about anything!

Re: If Im not worrying I find something new to worry about!

Hi there,

I know exactly how you feel. As soon as I get the okay about an illness or symptoms I find more or think I have something else.

It's hard for our partners and my boyfriend too can at times be so unsupportive of me, he thinks it's all in my head and I need to sort it out but it isn't that easy. Other times he can be extremely reassuring. I wish he realised that fighting me about it only makes anxiety worse and all I need is a yea no answer to a question etc..

My councillor said that checking your body is a safety mechanism which need to be broken we thinking we are checking to make sure we don't find anything however when we don't we check more and more until we find what we are looking for.

He suggested cutting this down to not checking fOr half the day and then progressing more and more x

Re: If Im not worrying I find something new to worry about!

Quote Originally Posted by Anxious lu View Post
    Hi there,

I know exactly how you feel. As soon as I get the okay about an illness or symptoms I find more or think I have something else.

It's hard for our partners and my boyfriend too can at times be so unsupportive of me, he thinks it's all in my head and I need to sort it out but it isn't that easy. Other times he can be extremely reassuring. I wish he realised that fighting me about it only makes anxiety worse and all I need is a yea no answer to a question etc..

My councillor said that checking your body is a safety mechanism which need to be broken we thinking we are checking to make sure we don't find anything however when we don't we check more and more until we find what we are looking for.

He suggested cutting this down to not checking fOr half the day and then progressing more and more x
    I think I will try and cut down checking, its so hard though but it is definetely not helpful x

Thread Information