Page 27 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Another day another worry

My bench cover blew over and hit the bins so I have to dispose of the cover and buy a new one. The bad news is it’s bad enough rebuying but most covers are green the way my ocd works right now if I replace something like a bench cover I will worry the new one was intact the old one even if I bin it.

I had this worry with the new window cleaning kit I got because it’s the same colour as my old one I fear using it even though it’s in the packaging.

I will tell the theripst on Monday my ocd has got worse not better maybe she will help but I’ve had a session and I’ve had a worse month of ocd so I feel like what’s the point in paying for this if it won’t help?

---------- Post added at 15:26 ---------- Previous post was at 15:25 ----------

Also the solipsism ocd has been really bad thinking nobody is real
    Think you will have to write everything down before Monday and show the therapist or provide the link to this thread I have to now draw a line under this it's exhausting for every one on this thread trying their best to best to help you. The therapy will help, but you have to start helping your self now we on here cant do it for you I will be one of the first ones to congratulate you when you begin to make some sign of recovery. If you want something that bad for eg getting your OCD under control Phil then make it happen OK. ATB

Recovery takes time, effort & repetition. You can't judge it based on what you've had so far with this therapist. You've got years of ingrained thinking to change.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Recovery takes time, effort & repetition. You can't judge it based on what you've had so far with this therapist. You've got years of ingrained thinking to change.
    So True Terry and yet so sad as this has been going on for years and he hasn't the support from his parents or Gf and they think therapy is waste of money So what on earth can he do? ATB

Yes I will give the theropy a chance but worry it won’t work. Many of the intrusive thoughts passed however some have come back and each day is a struggle right now.

Had my second session today.

Think she thinks I should stay off forums lol. I felt it went too quick I focused more on my ocd rather than my depersonalization and flying which may be for another session. The focus this time was on replacing stuff she is keen for me to avoid rebuying. She does believe it’s perfectionism at work and she believe it’s that I need high standards. She asked if I went to a dirty house would I worry I said no not atall.

So on conclusion it’s all about me if was germs or was about keeping me safe but it’s not she believes I feel everything has to be new. She was happy I avoided rebuying a hoover and she also believes because I’ve been anxiety and ocd free before im half way there.

Got some home work to do she’s keen to see what I will write down. See her again in 4 weeks but like I say I wasnt able to talk much about the DP. She says I am an all or nothing thinker and perhaps expect things to work right away as I explained my first session never helped much.

---------- Post added at 20:29 ---------- Previous post was at 20:27 ----------

She wants me to use playing music or PlayStation to relax me or look at photos to avoid the thoughts being on mind and she wants me to challenge them.

I’m worried about the letter box being contaminated now. My mum posted some
    Cash in a Father’s Day card envelope. Now when I stayed at my parents she use to sometimes take stuff out wheelie bin and put them in house so I fear she did this with the envelope.

It’s one these things I can’t confirm I wasn’t there. Perhaps it never went in the bin but if it did she use to put blocked toilet bags in bin do it could pass toilet germs via my letter box

I also put envolope on my table but never thought about this until later. Ocd uncertainty is my biggest issue at the moment.

Whilst I am enjoying chatting and having theropy I don’t believe I’m any closer to beating my ocd.

So yes any parcels I get now could become dirty but I can’t confirm where that envlope has been

---------- Post added at 23:31 ---------- Previous post was at 23:24 ----------

She’s put envelopes though door before and I never worried so it’s related to my new house.

Another day another worry

The bathroom floor got wet so my dad used a piece of toilet paper to dry the floor it was sitting on the system so I fear toilet germs have spread to the floor and when I stand on floor that transfers to carpets

---------- Post added at 17:09 ---------- Previous post was at 17:06 ----------

This is why I paid people to do work In my house as my parents have no care

---------- Post added at 17:43 ---------- Previous post was at 17:09 ----------

I can’t confirm if the envolope came from the bin so only way is a new front door

I ordered a book online it may come through letter box and become dirty. My parents said they kept lots of Father’s Day envolopes so I may have to go along and check she still has them that could prove the Envlope wasn’t in bin?

---------- Post added at 22:03 ---------- Previous post was at 22:01 ----------

But if that envolope was from bin everyone via my letter box is contaminated someone on another forum spent £700 replacing a front door..

---------- Post added at 22:14 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

The letter box could be spoiled

My mum never kept all the Father’s Day envelopes so she told a lie. I can’t confim if she took that envelope from the bin so I fear everything that comes via letter box will be contaminated anybody help?

---------- Post added at 13:40 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------

My mum use to take old newspapers out bin that’s why I worry

Anybody?

Page 27 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread Information