Thread: nearly 8 weeks feeling weird

nearly 8 weeks feeling weird

I am nearly 8 weeks on escitalopram now (2 on 5mg, 6 on 10mg). It has been a slow process but feel that my physical symptoms have more or less vanished, but in the last couple of days, my anxiety seems to have increased, I am not sure if this has got to do with a cold/cough that has come on, but had a horrible cold flush which I haven't had before and wondered if I am having a blip or if I need to increase the dose. My stomach also hasn't felt right since starting the drug but it is very up and down and wonder if it will ever straighten out...?

Re: nearly 8 weeks feeling weird

8 weeks is a relatively short time for you to have got used to the dosage you're on. Please bear in mind that no medication is a magic pill that will eliminate any and all anxiety. This also means that you will have good and bad days, setbacks and blips. However, they won't be as bad as they would be if you weren't on medication. Try and not loose faith in the medication, but also try and see it as an aid, rather than a cure that guarantees no anxiety.

Re: nearly 8 weeks feeling weird

Bigbearclaw, yeah, unfortunately it's way too early yet. It often takes a good 8 weeks to get the full effect of the medication in your system, and that's at your current dose.

---------- Post added at 14:01 ---------- Previous post was at 13:59 ----------

I find going for long walks very helpful for me, and keeping busy. I've also been doing a lot of reading.

I'm also working on concentrating on positive thoughts rather than negative. Celebrate the small victories, whatever they may be.

Thread Information