Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Just switched to Escitalopram: my experience

Re: Just switched to Escitalopram: my experience

Day 22: I'm so disappointed!!! I really hoped I'd fall asleep on my own last night and make it 3 nights in a row without trazodone, but I had to take one :-(. So, now I'm in a low mood, and a bit worried. Anxiety isn't too bad so far, though.

Yesterday afternoon and evening went really well; I felt like I was making progress, but now it's like taking a step backwards with the sleep issue.

---------- Post added at 14:03 ---------- Previous post was at 13:58 ----------

.....and I was so tempted to pop an entire 10 mg pill in my mouth this morning instead of cutting it in half ;-). I just wish I could predict what the side effects would be like.

How long did it take you to feel better on celexa. I had a much better day yesterday. This morning back with bad anxiety. 18 day on Escitalopram. I guess it’s up and down for quite a while.

Hey Kel, I really feel like the anxiety you are still experiencing may because you arent taking a therapeutic dose. I have good days and bad, but we went on a 4 day vacation last week. I went into it super nervous but we were so busy I didn't have much time to think about it. We were out on crowds every day and I did great. I ate so much food and had an over all great time. I was worried that when we came home yesterday that I would go back to the morning anxiety and nausea. Nope. Woke up feeling great, filled the kiddie pool and got in and played with my daughter for a while. Made breakfast for lunch. Did some laundry. I even suggested to my husband that we have a 4th of July cookout and invite some friends and family.

Any time I have negative thoughts now i just keep saying "no, I'm having too great of a streak". I'm gonna keep it going as long as I can.v

Of course I'm still worried about the breast cancer scare, but it isnt crippling me like before. I think if you would take the 10 and tough it out for a couple more days, you'd be feeling a lot better. From day 23-28 I've been great on 10mg. I really hope you start to improve.

Mommyof1, it sounds like you are doing great!! That gives me so much hope that 10 mg will work for me :-).

Yeah, I really need to move to the 10 mg. I feel like the 5 mg helps me a little bit, but it's not effective enough for me to stay on it. I was really tempted to take a whole pill today. It's to the point where I'm *almost* less worried about side effects, and just impatient to get to a higher dose.

We leave Sunday morning for vacation. It's tempting to up the dosage towards the end of the trip. I think being busy would help minimize the side effects.

---------- Post added at 17:24 ---------- Previous post was at 17:20 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by will351 View Post
    How long did it take you to feel better on celexa. I had a much better day yesterday. This morning back with bad anxiety. 18 day on Escitalopram. I guess it’s up and down for quite a while.
    When I was on the Celexa (actually the generic form, citalopram) 5 years ago, it took 3-4 weeks before I felt improvement, and probably a good 10 weeks before all the side effects went away, and I felt great.

Yes, very common to have the up and downs for a while (weeks). The up moments are a good sign that things are improving, and that the medication is starting to work :-).

Day 23: I slept wonderfully last night. I had a really tough time waking up and getting out of bed.

I had the usual morning anxiety which cleared up early afternoon. Shortly after that my headache appeared. I've had one almost every day in the late afternoon/early evening.

I noticed yesterday that I haven't been clenching my jaw anymore.

Sounds like your doing great well done!!

Day 24: Rough night last night. I had to take one trazodone.

I'm actually getting a bit braver ;-). I've been cutting my 10 mg pills in half. There are two pills I cut a bit uneven, with one half just a smidgen larger than the other half. I decided this morning that it's time to move up doses :-). So, I took one of the slightly larger halves. Providing I don't have extremely bad side effects, I'll take the the slightly larger half tomorrow, and then move up to 7.5 mg. I'm just really sick of this, and becoming very impatient.

That’s absolutely brilliant Kel well done you!!

Day 26 (Day 3 of upped dosage).

It's been a bit anticlimactic upping doses, which is a good thing :-)!!!

The only side effects I've had is that same spacy feeling an hour or two after I take my pill in the morning. It's worse when when I turn my head. I've also had a scalp tingling feeling. It's exactly the same as when I started on the 5 mg :-).

Everything else has stayed the same. Anxiety comes and goes, appetite comes and goes, I slept great Wed night, and then last night had to take a trazodone.

I tried cutting my 10 mg pills into 7.5 mg, but found it way too tricky to cut. When I cut it down to quarters, it just kind of crumbled. So, instead I've cut the pills a bit past the midline mark. I tried to get them equal. No idea what the actual mg is : probably somewhere between 6.0 and 7.0. :-). I'll stay on this until after vacation; maybe longer depending on my work schedule when we get back. Then right up to 10 !

You are doing great well done be very proud!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information