Thread: New Here- Serious Agoraphobia

New Here- Serious Agoraphobia

Hi, my name is Ashley. I’ve suffered from severe agoraphobia for 8 years now. Started after giving birth to my daughter. It has completely taken over my life and my family’s. I have highs and lows. I have a trip planned in 2 weeks and I’m 100% freaking out. I came across this website and decided to join in hopes to find people who know what I’m going through. I always feel so alone because I don’t know anyone that actually knows how I feel. Hoping this will help for my upcoming trip. Thanks!

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya ashley515c and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: New Here- Serious Agoraphobia

Good morning ashley515c

I'm sorry to hear you have been dealing with this for so long. I have been dealing with panic and agoraphobia issues since 1999. Currently I use cognitive, medication, and meditation to treat my issues. But even with all that I sometimes have trouble leaving my comfort zone.

I tell you this not to discourage you, but to be honest with you. This does not mean you should treat this as a life sentence. It simply means you dig a little deeper and find the strength to overcome. The love I had for my four small children gave me the strength, I believe your love for your daughter can do the same. Best to you on your journey ashley515c, and welcome to NMP.

Thread Information