Thread: Invisible bat in the bus

Invisible bat in the bus

Hello.

Im from Lithuania. I believe that i have OCD. About 5 days ago I was traveling by bus and accidently fallen asleep. While sleeping i felt sharp pain on my neck, opened my eyes, closed it and immediately fallen asleep again. My trip was short, about 30 minutes, so i was in light sleep phase, and heard everything what was happening around me. When I left bus I immediately started thinking about rabies, that a bat bit me while I was sleeping in the bus and I haven't saw it becouse I was sleeping. When I looked at my neck I saw a red mark (probably mosquito bite) and thought that this is bat bite mark, so my fear became even bigger. In the bus there was more people but they were siting away from me. It was also about 18 h in the evening and it's extremely rare that bat would be out at this time (and even super extremely rare that bat would be out at this time in the bus). Also I did research and found that there are no rabies transmission cases from bat to human in my country, also there are only 15 bat species (all microbats) in my country from witch only 1-3 can make a wound. There are no recommendations in my country that you need to get pep if you find flying bat in your bedroom after waking up. And lastly I found that bats rarely attack humans (even rabid) so if there was bat in the bus probability that it would bite me is still very small. So if we would like to calculate a probability that a bat bit me, probably we would get it with lots lots of zeros after decimal mark (0.0000...). I believe it would be even smaller than a probability that a lightning will hit me 2 times in a row. But still I can't live in peace and everyday im thinking that rabid bat bit me. I don't know what to do. Somehow I dont want to go to psychiatrist becouse I believe that he will think that im stupid.

Re: Invisible bat in the bus

Hi Tbh with you, you have answered your own questions remarkably well. so I am not reassuring you. No psychiatrist or therapist is going to think you are stupid. and if you think you have OCD then get help, how ever it does point to the fact you have severe Health Anxiety which will need treating .Let us know how you get on please. ATB

So you think that everything is just in my head and I should go to psychiatrist to treat my Anxiety?

Quote Originally Posted by Kampago View Post
    So you think that everything is just in my head and I should go to psychiatrist to treat my Anxiety?
    Yes I do. HA is a extremely powerful force than can convince you of serious physical illnesses/conditions when you actually have nothing wrong with you physically. Llike I said there are too many pluses on your side eg: the time of day for a start bats roost during the day light hrs they only come out at dusk and in darkness. Etc so again your HA will need treating if you want to get better ATB

Hello again. I will go to my psychiatrist to tell about my anxiety next week but today something happened again witch made my fear bigger again, so i need reassurance. I was walking and saw something like bat, bird or something else (trash) on the ground. It was also very strong wind blowing. I came very close to that thing watched at it for few sec and then walked home. When walking I felt that there is something in my eye and immediately thought that it was from that thing witch was lying on the ground. Then I started panicing that it was bat and that it's saliva got into my eyes and that now I got rabies. I know that it's almost impossible to happen (especially in Lithuania because in our country there are no bat-human rabies transmission documented) and that i don't even know if it was bat but I keep thinking that it was bat and that i will get rabies from it.

Don't know what to tell you other than your mind is creating an absolute fantasy Definitely bring this up with your psychiatrist.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Kampago View Post
    Hello again. I will go to my psychiatrist to tell about my anxiety next week but today something happened again witch made my fear bigger again, so i need reassurance. I was walking and saw something like bat, bird or something else (trash) on the ground. It was also very strong wind blowing. I came very close to that thing watched at it for few sec and then walked home. When walking I felt that there is something in my eye and immediately thought that it was from that thing witch was lying on the ground. Then I started panicing that it was bat and that it's saliva got into my eyes and that now I got rabies. I know that it's almost impossible to happen (especially in Lithuania because in our country there are no bat-human rabies transmission documented) and that i don't even know if it was bat but I keep thinking that it was bat and that i will get rabies from it.
    Hi Again look the evidence in front of you, I take it was day light? You said Zero cases in your country bat to human how much evidence do you need that it wasn't a bat. Please work this out in your head I aint feeding your dragon it will not help you in the long run. I will be interested in what your psychiatrist says next week get the real help for the real cause which is your HA good luck ATB

Thread Information