Thread: sick of my life

sick of my life

Hello everyone its my first post here,
    i have being suffering with anxiety panic attacks for 10 years now,
    but my problem is with traveling cars/buses/ trains/ planes/
    there all my enemey i just can not travel in cars trains buses and planes if there a long journey ,ive had some very bad attacks in cars buses trains flying i havent traveled on a plane in 10 years now cause i know if i get a panic attack on a plane i cant ask the pilot to stop and let me off, ive done a few sessions of cbt but i couldnt make heads nor tails of it, ive heard that cbd oil is suppose to be very good for anxiety/panic attacks has anyone here used cbd oil i am going to give it a go no harm in trying,

derek,

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Delboyfc74 and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: sick of my life

Hi Derek,

I can't do planes anymore. All the people at the airport and on the plane. Can't handle it. I can do cars but have to be at the front and not driving or I panic. If we get stuck in a jam i hold onto the handrail more tightly. Crowded service stations are a nightmare. Trains i can do but only off peak and I get anxious at stops when people get on. Much easier with short journeys and sometimes abandon journeys.

CBT has a lot of bits to it but for me there is one main bit - exposure. So let's say you are OK with a 10 minute drive round the corner to the shops. If you are then try and increase it a tiny bit - e.g. an extra 10 minute drive a week, or a 15 minute drive.

If neither of these work then try and come up with another solution - maybe stop half way, or take a different route or get your friend to drive you. Also in a car think about other stuff - would having the window open, or some music on make you feel better? Would driving along a road where you know you can pull over make you feel better?

The idea with CBT is to expose yourself gradually to the stuff you want to work on. There is a lot of thinking stuff too but the exposure stuff is for me the most useful bit.

Hey there are u taking any medication at all, I used to have panic attacks everywhere but I have found meds have helped somewhat, hope you find a solution

My symptoms are very similar to this. I absolute hate crowded places and it’s the main reason I have anxiety over my upcoming wedding.

I had a job interview and had a panic attack at home in the morning. I got through it fine though and was offered the job.

I can do things like go to the airport but when it’s busy my gear just pumps so hard. It’s the feeling sick and dizziness that gets me the most.

Thread Information