Thread: Low blood pressure

Low blood pressure

Hi everyone

I haven't posted in a while.I am really scared again.I feel terrible my blood pressure is low and I feel light headed and dizzy and tired and like I'm gonna faint all the time.I went to the doc that said my blood is low put me on iron tablets and a immune booster (vitamin).I'm on it for about a week now and still get this low blood pressure symptoms.It's softball season and I dso want to play but I'm so afraid of fainting on the field or something . I read all this things on the internet that said how dangerous lbp can be.I did have a good check up but that was three months ago.They did an ecg,stress test,cholestrol and diabetes test and everything was fine but noe I'm beggining to think they missed something.I'm 22 years old sitting at work now and freaking out can someone please tell me if I'm gonna die or get a stroke or heart attack as I'm really scared now

Re: Low blood pressure

Hi Cindy

What are your BP readings hun? your symptoms sure do sound like they could be anxiety related, One of my main symptoms of anxiety was dizziness/feeling i was going to faint .

Have a look at the symptoms and how to cope pages that are sittuated at the left hand side of this page, im sure they will reasure you.

love

Andrea
    xxxxx

Hi Cindy,

I do suffer from low blood pressure and most of the time it doesn't bother me as I have gotten used to it. I think your symptoms are from being anemic as you already stated you are on iron tablets. I've also been extremely anemic and have felt just like you are now. I would try to get extra rest, eat dark green leafy vegetables (they have more iron than meat believe it or not) and of course red meat. Try not to worry and see your doctor again if you don't feel better. It takes time to build your iron back up.

Hugs,

Laura

My BP is really low. My last reading was 90/40! I am constantly tired, dizzy etc. The doctors won't give me anything for it though. Told me to eat bananas.

x

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Hi Cindy,

Sorry you're feeling bad at the mo. I have very low blood pressure too - I don't really think of it as being a danger to my health, it's more of an inconveniance (what with fainting occasionally, needing a ridiculous amount of sleep, etc.), but it's manageable and i've kind of got used to it.

I've been anaemic in the past and that made me feel much worse so hopefully you'll feel much better once the iron tablets kick in

Hope you feel better soon anyway. Take care,

Anna x

Hi Thanks you all so much for your replies.I know the dizziness could also be from anxiety.My blood pressure readings differ sometimes 90/50 then a bit higher and sometimes normal.It never goes higher than normal though...They didnt want to put me on anything,Then the doc just prescribed iron tabs and moducare plus vitamin.I am also not a fan of meat I prefer chicken and veggies which I know can be contributing to my low blood pressure and I love playing sport like my softball season starts tomorrow and I really am nervous that I might pass out which I never really did before.

mwa all of your replies really means a lot to me thanks mwa

Thread Information