Thread: High Pulse Rate continueswith so many ectopics due to flu????

High Pulse Rate continueswith so many ectopics due to flu????

Hi Everybody,

My ongoing issues with Ectopics and fast heart rate continues.

I have had flu since the weekend and been feeling really ill.
    Along with this I have had a pulse of between 90 and as high as 130 at some points.
    I have had constant ectopics along with it as many as 1 every 4 or 5 beats.
    I went to my GP.....again and they said that I wasn't to worry as all my ECG's and bloods are fine and they think that the ectopics ar worse and my pulse is constantly high because of the virus and the anxiety also my ectopics are nothing but a very slight variation on a normal beat that poses no risk.
    It is very concerning that my pulse is so high and not setttling but I am trying hard to accept this and try and relax but it is hard as my pulse just keeps racing away for no aparent reason.
    Anyone else ever had the high pulse and increased ectopics due to illness/flu??

Sorry to keep raising this but I am trying so hard to cope but struggling.

Re: High Pulse Rate continueswith so many ectopics due to flu????

Hi Will
    no its the virus that doing that-please try not to worry - you may a slight temperature - and because your obviously sat there thinking about it your pulse with also increase - try to do something to distract yourself...also..you could ask your doctor for some tablets to help with anxiety maybe?...
    i have had ectopics heart beats loads b4 and its actually v. common so my doc said and totally othing to worry about...i just started on Citalopram and altho some side effects - when i dont have them-i already feel a bit better..doc also gave me small amount of diazepam to take incase the anxity is really bad - it gets wprse b4 it gets better with these tabllets...
    try not to worry - being ill will do this to you- its nothing to worry about im sure...i have been there - and its hard not to sit there thinking about your racing heart..but do anything to diostract yourself...play on the net, read, watch tv..i find rubbish tv really useful..!...maybe some diazepamcould help you temporarily...altho not a good idea long term as can be addictive...
    Hope that helps, let me know how you getting on,
    Jen x

Hi,

I currently have a sinus infection and feel pretty awful and my heart rate has been high since I have been ill. Just a minute a go it was 95 and all I was doing was watching tv! My ectopics have been worse too since I have been ill.

It is pretty normal for your heart rate to increase when you are ill - your body is fighting an infection so of course your heart will need to work harder! Also if your temperature is raised this will increase your heart rate too. Plus the anxiety of feeling ill wont help and the more you panic the more your heart rate will increase. We just can't win can we?!!!

Hope you feel better soon and dont worry what your heart is doing - its doing its job!

Vicki x

Well....the flu is finally reducing and as soon as I started feeling better my heart rate reduced with it and is almost back to normal.
    I am still getting loads and loads of ectopics but am tolerating them ok because my heart rate has gone back down.
    Still noticing most of them tho and still getting anywhere from 2 to 8 per minute depending what i'm doing.
    I have just bought a book it is called: "It's not all in your head" (How worrying about your health could be making you sick) and have started reading it. I have found it really interesting.
    Hopefully it can help me get a handle on all this health anxiety that I have and I am hoping if I can reduce my health anxiety I can reduce the ectopics with it.

Thread Information